Deadline: 8 March, 2013
Open to: applicants with a first-class or high upper second-class honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant discipline, who are permanently resident in the UK or another EU country
Scholarship: covers full-time University UK/EU tuition fees
The Centre for Medical Humanities is offering fee-waiver studentship for October 2013 entry to its Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme. The studentship is available for UK/EU applicants who wish to pursue PhD in any area of medical history or the wider medical humanities. The studentship will pay full-time University UK/EU tuition fees for three years. Applicants applying for the studentship must have a first-class or high upper second-class honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in the relevant discipline and meet the University’s standard English language entry requirements.
- Applicants must have a first-class or high upper second-class honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant discipline and meet the University’s Standard English language entry requirements. It is expected that applicants will have a relevant Masters degree with merit or distinction or be able to show evidence that they will achieve this before October 2013.
- This studentship is only available to new applicants who are eligible to pay the UK/EU tuition fee – i.e., those who are permanently resident in the UK or another EU country
The scholarship will pay full-time University UK/EU tuition fees.
How to apply
To apply, simply follow our four-point checklist:
- Search staff research interests to make sure we offer PhD supervision in the area you want to work in
- Draft a research proposal
- Prepare your supporting documents
- Submit your online application* or apply by post
* If applying online, please select “History Research” from the menu of full-time programme options.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 31 March 2013
Informal enquiries are welcomed – please contact the Centre’s Director, Professor Steven King: [email protected], +44 (0)116 252 2760.
For more details visit the Official Website