Deadline: 1 April 2013
Open to: Students and young scientists with the nationality of the following countries: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia and the Ukraine. Applicants have to be enrolled or employed at a university of these countries at the time of application
Scholarship: course fees, accommodation and a food allowance at a Bavarian University
Students and young scientists from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia and Ukraine are eligible to apply for the summer school grants for German language in Bavaria. The scholarships include the course fee, accommodation and a food allowance at a Bavarian University. Travel costs, insurance and visa costs will not be reimbursed!
Review the schools listed at this website and name two summer courses in your application form that you will be able to attend as far as dates are concerned. On receipt of the scholarship you will be allocated one of the two chosen courses. You have to select at least two courses. They will try to adhere to your preference, but cannot give any guarantee. Please note that places at all courses have restricted numbers. Courses in Bayreuth, Munich and Passau are offered for absolute beginners as well as advanced learners. Regensburg requires a basic knowledge of A2. The course in Bamberg demands a minimum knowledge of B2.
If you receive a scholarship and accept this you are obliged to participate in and be present at the whole language course from beginning to the end. Further, scholarship holders are obliged to send a report on their stay in Bavaria as a Word-Doc via email to BAYHOST by 1 October 2013.
Consult the Frequently Asked Questions page HERE for more information.
Students and young scientists with the nationality of the following countries: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia and the Ukraine. Applicants have to be enrolled or employed at a university of these countries at the time of application.
The following documents are required by 1 April 2013:
- an online application form that is filled-in completely (AVAILABLE SOON on this website, it is not needed to send a printed version of the online application form by post)
- letter of motivation concerning your participation in a German language course in Bavaria (min. 2 500, max. 4 500 characters)
- a tabular CV with a recent passport photo – a possible model format can be found HERE
- proof of previous exams (i.e. a copy of your study book or university transcript). A translation or authorisation of these documents is not necessary.
- Proof that you are currently enrolled at a university in your home country (i.e. copy of current transcript or student ID)
- A photocopy of your passport or ID-card
- proof of internships* or voluntary work*
- language certificates* (if you don t have any proof of German, you can still apply. Beginners of German can also apply).
Please do not send the originals of these documents, but copies only. You do not need to have them translated or certified legally. Some of the documents mentioned above marked * are not obligatory, but it would be good to include them if you have such experiences.
Application deadline is 1 April 2013, meaning that all documents have to be at the BAYHOST office by then. Keep in mind possible obstacles such as strikes, bad weather conditions, holidays etc. This date is a cut-off period! Late applications cannot be considered and will be excluded from the selection process. The same applies to applications that are incomplete or do not comply with the set formalities.
Please send your documents to the following address:
BAYHOST, Stichwort: „Sommersprachkursbewerbung“
They will contact the selected candidates at latest by 1 July 2013. Unfortunately, they are unable to give written notice of or reasons for refusal of the application.