Deadline: 30 March 2013
Open to: EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries, except for Dutch or current University of Twente Bachelor students.
Scholarship: € 10,000, € 12,500, € 20,000, or € 22,500 for non-EU/EEA countries, or € 2,000 to € 10,000 for EU/EEA countries
University of Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente. Please note: The UTS is not available for Dutch and/or current UT Bachelor students.
In total, there are 23 University of Twente Scholarships (UTS) available for students from non-EU/EEA countries. The scholarship amounts are either € 10,000, € 12,500, € 20,000, or € 22,500, and can be used to cover the expenses for one academic year (including tuition fees). In case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional UTS to cover the expenses of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second year when the student meets the progress requirements of the UTS.
For students from EU/EEA countries, there is a total of 9 scholarships available. The scholarship amount ranges from € 2,000 to a maximum of € 10,000 and will only cover the first year of your Masters programme.
FIELDS OF STUDY
Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Business Administration, Business Information Technology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Management, Communication Studies, Computer Science, Construction Management and Engineering, Educational Science and Technology, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, European Studies, Health Sciences, Human Media Interaction, Industrial Design Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management, Environmental and Energy Management, Mechanical Engineering, Nanotechnology, Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society, Public Administration, Science Education and Communication, Sustainable Energy Technology, Systems and Control, Telematics.
For more information about the University of Twente, you may download their international student handbook HERE.
In order to be eligible for a UTS scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below. Applications for a scholarship without meeting these requirements will always be unsuccessful.
- Your programme starts in September·
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the above mentioned UT graduate programmes before 15 March.
- You have graduated with excellent academic results (overall CGPA) from your (under-)graduate programme.·
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable).
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills.·
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant.
- You have completed a pre-master at the University of Twente (if applicable).
- If you are starting a ‘pre-master’ programme you may already apply for a UTS. However, you must complete your pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7,5 out of 10 to be eligible for a UTS and comply with above mentioned requirements.
If you meet all the above requirements, click HERE to start the application process for a UTS scholarship.
For questions or further information, please contact the University of Twente International Office at [email protected] or by phone at +31 053 489 5424.
See the official website HERE.