Deadline: 24 March, 2013
Open to: youth-led initiatives in Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Pacific and Eastern Europe and Central Asia
Grants: nearly USD 270,000 and in 2012 committed 16 grants
Flexibility Resources Inclusivity Diversity Action (FRIDA) has announced second Call for Proposals for Young feminist fund to strengthen the capacity of young feminist organizations. FRIDA offers grants of up to $5,000 USD. They are general support grants to be used over a period of 12 months but are open to renewal.
FRIDA is committed to funding organizations and initiatives that are unlikely to be funded by more traditional funding sources. This may mean that traditional funding sources are either not interested in the particular area of work or that it is too radical for most conventional funding sources.
The Call is open to organizations/ groups, which meet the following criteria:
- Advancing and defending women’s rights from a feminist perspective
- Improving the lives of young women/transgender youth at local, national, regional or international levels
- Inclusive organizing, collective action and feminist movement building
- Groups, networks, or collectives based in the Global South (Africa, Asia and the Pacific, The Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean and Central, Southern, Eastern Europe and Caucuses and Central Asia).
- Groups founded in the past 5 years (i.e. Applicant’s group was formed between 2009 – 2013).
Preference will be given to:
- Small, emerging grassroots groups, networks, or collectives with little or no access to funding from larger donors.
- Groups, networks, or collectives that are working on emerging or issues that have not received prior funding.
- Groups, networks, or collectives located in remote underserved areas.
- Groups, networks, or collectives that are diverse in their membership and made up of and/or working with socially marginalized young women especially: refugees, ethnic, national and caste minorities, rural women, urban poor, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, women living with HIV/AIDS, sex workers, women with disabilities, women living in armed conflicts and post conflict zones.
- Groups using creative and innovative strategies to further their activism (including art, music, culture, poetry, social media
To date, FRIDA has mobilized nearly USD 270,000 and in 2012 committed 16 grants (of USD 4,000 each) to 16 youth-led initiatives in Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Pacific and Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
How to apply
The deadline for submitting applications is Monday 26th March 2013.
For more details visit the Official Website