Deadline: 1 May 2013
Open to: foreign outstanding students not older than 30 years
Scholarship: all costs covered
The Ministry for Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia opens a public call for full undergraduate scholarships for the academic 2013/2014. The scholarships are available to students who will study at public Universities in the Republic of Macedonia, where the teaching language is Macedonian.
The scholarships are available to outstanding students from Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameron, People’s Republic of China, Chad, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, Fiji, Gabon, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Israel, India, Iraq, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mali, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Slovakia, Syria, Sudan, United Republic of Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Uzbekistan, Nigeria and Vietnam.
Right to scholarship have the candidates who:
- Are currently enrolled in final 4th year of secondary education or posses a 4 year secondary education (high school) degree;
- Are not older than 30 years of age;
- Have a good knowledge of the English language.
The scholarship provides for:
- tuition fees, in full;
- visa and residence permit fees (proof of good health condition and immunization chart is required);
- return air fare from the applicant’s home country;
- accommodation and food (full board) in the University dorms;
- Monthly pass for local transport;
- health insurance;
- additional monthly allowance of 5000 MKD (approximately 120 USD);
- Free intensive course for learning Macedonian.
How to apply
All interested candidates should refer to www.stipendii.mon.gov.mk and www.mon.gov.mk for more detailed information regarding the scholarships and the process for application.
The final deadline for application is 01.05.2013.
Candidates are required to provide official copies from the following original documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (containing all relevant information for the applicant)
- Official high school diploma or certificate (where available);
- Official transcripts;
- Proof of English proficiency. All students whose first language is not English are required to provide evidence that their spoken and written command of the English language is appropriate.
- Official document certifying the candidate has no criminal convictions and is not under criminal investigation at the moment of application. Candidates should note that with the exception to some countries, these are two separate documents;
- Official general medical report, including medical tests for HIV and Hepatitis C;
- An electronic copy of Passport which must be valid for the next 3 calendar years;
- In addition, as part of the application candidates are required to summit two letters of recommendation from two academic professors/teachers who are well acquainted with the candidate’s academic abilities.
All documents submitted must be in English or officially translated into English.
Candidates should submit their application together with all supporting documents to the following address:
Ministry for Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia
Mito Hadzi Vasilev Jasmin bb
Republic of Macedonia
All prospective candidates should note that in addition to sending the official copies of all required documents via post, they must also send scanned copies of the required documents to the following e-mail: [email protected]
For all addition information, please do not hesitate to contact Ms Biljana Zafirovska tel:
+ 389 2 3140 165, +389 2 3227 761 and e-mail: [email protected].