Deadline: 10 March 2013
Open to: Professional visual artists from all over the world
Grant: Accommodation, access to an artist studio, a stipend for living expenses and production costs, and travel costs are covered
Sámi Center for Contemporary Art Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program 2013 is a two months residency in Karasjok, Norway. The residency includes accommodation, access to an artist studio, a stipend for living expenses and production costs, and travel costs covered to and from.
- Professional visual artists are eligible to apply for Iver Jåks Residency Program
- Iver Jåks Residency Program offers a residency period for up to two months (minimum 1 month) in Karasjok, Norway.
- Iver Jåks Residency Program includes a stipend of 20000 NOK, accommodation, access to studio/atelier, as well as travel expenses for the artist. The stipend covers living expenses as well as production costs. Further production costs are negotiable.
- Available residency period for 2013 is 1st of June to 31st of October.
- The application must include application letter, curriculum vitae and a digital portfolio. Applications are only received digitally. Send your application to [email protected]
- Deadline is at 23.59, March 10, 2013.
- The selection of residency artist will be carried out during March and first part of April. The results are expected to be announce by mid-April. The artistic advisory board at Sami Center for Contemporary Art will make the selection. Quality of artistic practice is the exclusive selection criteria. Choice of artist will not be motivated or justified, and cannot be questioned.
- Sami Center for Contemporary Art administers the residency program and is the host during the residency period.
- The combined apartment and atelier at the Iver Jåks house in Karasjok will function as living and working space for the artist-in-residence.
- A contract between selected artist and Sámi Center for Contemporary Art will be organized, detailing residency conditions.
For more information: Write to [email protected] or call +47 90244062.