Deadline: 1 April 2013
Open to: African entrepreneurs aged 15-22
Prize: all expenses paid trip to South Africa to be a part of a week-long entrepreneurship workshop and conference in Johannesburg. The grand prize winners, selected from these finalists, will share prizes worth $75,000 USD.
The Anzisha Prize seeks to award young innovators who have developed and implemented innovative solutions to challenges facing their communities. Twelve finalists from across Africa will win an all expenses paid trip to South Africa to be a part of a week-long entrepreneurship workshop and conference at the African Leadership Academy campus on the outskirts of Johannesburg. The grand prize winners, selected from these finalists, will share prizes worth $75,000 USD.
Applicants will be judged on:
- Impact: efforts have a demonstrated, measurable and positive outcome.
- Ingenuity: applicants take a new and better approach to a pressing problem in their community.
- Scalability: solutions have the potential to be replicated in communities facing similar challenges.
The application deadline for the Prize is 1 April 2013. You are strongly encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible. They cannot evaluate applications that arrive after the deadline. Finalists will be notified in July 2013, and the entrepreneurship workshop and conference will take place in August 2013.
- Applicants must be African entrepreneurs between the ages of 15 and 22.
- Innovations in all fields (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.) will be considered by the Prize Committee.
- Some projects are carried out by small groups or teams that see themselves as equal. Should this be the case with your project, the primary initiator who assembled the project team should apply for the prize on behalf of the group. Should the group be named a finalist, only the primary initiator of the winning group will attend the workshop in South Africa, though winnings may be shared amongst the group.
The application deadline for the Prize is 1 April 2013. You may submit your detailed application in one of five ways:
- Online application AVAILABLE HERE in English or French (Preferred method!)
- Via video application submission at the YouTube channel HERE (Preferred method!)
- Email your PDF application form AVAILABLE HERE to [email protected]
- Via fax to +27 11 252 6190
- Via certified courier to African Leadership Academy, 1050 Printech Avenue, Honeydew, 2040, South Africa Please list “Entrepreneurial Leadership Center” as the receiver and write +27 11 699 3000 for the receiver’s phone number.