Deadline: 1 April 2013
Open to: students, lecturers and researchers of higher education and research institutions
Venue: July – August 2013, Lithuania
Education Exchanges Support Foundation takes pleasure in offering Scholarships for the Lithuanian language and culture summer courses. The opportunity is opened to lecturers and researchers of higher education and research institutions.
- 40 grants are offered for the candidates from the following countries: Armenia, Austria, Bulgaria, Belarus, Croatia, Finland, Greece, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Montenegro, Mongolia, Romania, Russia, Philippines, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine, United States of America, United Kingdom and Uzbekistan (check III type of scholarships at the official website)
- 5 scholarships overall are offered for candidates from the countries not mentioned above (check IV type of scholarship at the official website)
- The candidate has to be a student (not in the final year), lecturer or researcher of a foreign higher education or research institution.
- Lithuanian state scholarships cannot be coupled with other grants or scholarships.
- Cycle (Bachelor), 2nd cycle (Master) and 3rd cycle (Doctorate) students approved for the Lithuanian language and culture summer courses will receive a monthly stipend of 1.950 Lt (approx. 565 EUR);
- Researchers and lecturers approved for the Lithuanian language and culture summer courses will receive a monthly stipend of 3.250 Lt (approx. 941 EUR).
- Stipend is intended to cover scholarship holder’s expenses only. Additional amounts for accompanying partners or family are not provided.
- Tuition fee for the studies or for Lithuanian language and culture summer courses will be paid on scholarship holder’s behalf by the host country. The maximum amount of the tuition fee will be determined by the normative costs that are approved by the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Any other fees such as student union fee, library membership fee, etc. shall be paid by scholarship holder.
- Accommodation costs shall be covered by the scholarship holder. Upon request, the host institution provides the scholarship holder with a place in a dormitory or a university guesthouse. Requests for accommodation in the international student dormitories must be submitted well in advance before arrival. Alternatively, foreign students and researchers may consider renting an apartment privately. Assistance with this is available from International Relations Office staff of the relevant higher education and research institution.
List of documents to be submitted (in the order given). Please do not put each individual document into plastic sheets or binders:
- Printed and signed online application form
- Official letter from the candidate’s higher education and research institution approving the status of a student, lecturer or researcher. (NB1. For students the letter must contain information on applicants current cycle of studies (1st, 2nd or 3rd cycle), year of studies and expected date of graduation.)
- Transcript of academic records of the last two semesters issued by applicant’s present higher education and research institution.
- Certified copy of obtained higher education diploma or diplomas.
- Two recommendation letters from home higher education and research institution (written within past six months).
- Copy of certificate of proficiency in English or Lithuanian (or another language acceptable for the host institution). (NB3. TOEFL, IELTS, CPE or other widely recognized exams of English proficiency are acceptable. If the candidate does not hold any of those certificates, then a signed letter confirming the proficiency in the language from the home university’s professor of English or Lithuanian is also acceptable).
- Copy of the valid identity document.
The deadline for applications is 1 April 2013.
Education Exchanges Support Foundation
Geležinio Vilko str. 12, LT-01112 Vilnius
Phone: (+370~5) 249 8189, fax: (+370~5) 249 7137
E-mail: [email protected]