Deadline: 30 April, 2013
Open to: foreign students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists
Scholarship: a monthly stipend of 280-1000 Euro
The Embassy of the Slovak Republic has the honour to announce a call for applications for the academic mobility scholarships for the academic year 2013/2014 within the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic.
The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic is intended to support mobility of foreign students, PhD students, university teachers and researchers to stay at Slovak universities and Slovak research organizations.
The scholarships of the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic are also intended for students and PhD students of the Slovak universities to cover living costs of their study at a second level of higher education, or of their study or research stay during their PhD study, at a foreign University or at a foreign research organization. Students, full-time PhD students, university teachers and researchers from the Slovak Academy of Sciences who have permanent residence in the Slovak Republic can apply for a travel grant for their study or research stay abroad.
The following individuals can apply for a scholarship in the framework of the National Scholarship Programme:
- university students whose second level of higher education is taking place at a foreign university and who are invited by a public, private or state university in the Slovak Republic to an academic mobility for a purpose of study in the Slovak Republic.
- PhD students whose higher education or research preparation is taking place at a foreign university or research organisation and who are invited by a public, private or state university or research organisation eligible to carry out PhD study programmes in the Slovak Republic to an academic mobility for a purpose of study or research in the Slovak Republic.
- university teachers from foreign universities who are invited by a public, private or state university in the Slovak Republic to a lecture / research / artistic stay in the Slovak Republic
- researchers or artists who are invited by a public, private or state university, research organisation eligible to carry out PhD study programmes or non-governmental organisation in the Slovak Republic to a lecture / research / artistic stay in the Slovak Republic.
Citizens of the following countries can apply for a scholarship:
- the Member States of the European Union;
- other countries participating in the Bologna Process (listed are only non-EU Member States ) – Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Georgia, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Republic of Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Russian Federation, Serbia (including Kosovo), Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine;
- Canada, Mexico, USA, countries of Latin and Central America;
- Australia, China (including Taiwan), Egypt, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa, Thailand, Vietnam.
The scholarship shall cover scholarship holders living costs (accommodation, boarding, etc.) during his/her study, research, lecture or artistic stay at Slovak universities, research or non-governmental organisations.
Amount of the monthly scholarship:
- university student: 280 EUR
- PhD student: 470 EUR
- university teacher / researcher or artist: 670 EUR –1000 EUR
How to apply
The applications must be submitted on-line and original hard copies of the required documents must be sent by mail directly to SAIA, n.o., Námestie Slobody 23, 812 20 Bratislava 1, Slovakia, by 30 April 2013, 16:00 CET.
Lukáš MARCIN, programme administrator
e-mail: [email protected]
tel.: +421-2-5930 4713
For more details visit the Official Website