Deadline: 10 April 2013
Open to: candidates with experience in working with senior management personnel, leading international teams, writing for online media, interest in resource economics and management, business and sustainability
Remuneration: A stipend of 3,000 CHF; coverage of travel costs to Davos-Switzerland; conference fee, accommodation and food at the conference site.
Come become part of a fast moving global organizational environment! Student Reporter seeks two project managers to lead an international team of students covering the World Resources Forum 2013 (WRF 2013) held in Davos, Switzerland, 6-9th October 2013. They are looking for managers to lead in both managerial and editorial capacities – ideally, their teams are composed of one experienced project manager and one experienced editor.
Student Reporter has covered the World Resources Forum three consecutive times since its inception in 2009 (see WRF 2011 and WRF 2012). The project managers will be able to draw on a rich support system from the rest of the staff who have been involved with the WRF, and a fruitful partnership established with the organizers.
Project Dates: 30th April 2013 – 30th November 2013
Compensation: A stipend of 3,000 CHF; coverage of travel costs to Davos-Switzerland; conference fee, accommodation and food at the conference site.
Assignment details include:
- Preparation of project management team (April 2013)
- Selection of students to attend the program (30 April 2013)
- Manage a training programme for the team in online journalism and conference blogging (May – September 2013)
- Develop media coverage strategy (30 August 2013)
- Provide pre and post conference training on-site (3-9 October 2013)
- Manage the team and ensure fulfillment of the project requirements as per WRF (6-9 October, 2013)
- Logistics (visas, accommodation, travel etc) and partner communication
- Editing articles during training, conference, and post conference period until 30 November 2013
Candidates report to the Student Reporter management staff and will also receive online supervision support. Successful candidates are invited to join as Staff Writers.
Candidates are expected to have experience in the following areas:
- Working with senior management personnel
- Leading and coordinating international teams in both an online and physical setting
- Proven track record writing for an online audience
- Interest in resource economics and management, business and sustainability
Additionally, applicants to the Editor position are expected to demonstrate an advanced ability to provide feedback on articles, show editorial experience, and have some knowledge of media editing.
The deadline for applications is 10 April 2013. Please apply to [email protected] with the following:
- a resume;
- a motivation letter (including a focus either in project management or editorial skills);
- a critical opinion or satirical article (max 850 words) about the role of global media covering environmental sustainability issues; and
- a tentative coverage strategy of WRF 2013, incuding suggestions of online outlets for syndication (max 600 words).