Deadline: 30 April, 2013
Open to: master or doctoral level students of political science and/or international relations, or a young professionals who are interested and active in the foreign and security policy issues
Venue: Liptovský Mikuláš, Slovakia (29 June 2013 – 7 July 2013)
Centre for European and North Atlantic Affairs (CENAA) together with its partner Armed Forces Academy of General M. R. Štefánik (AFA) in Liptovský Mikuláš, Slovakia is organizing the following educational event: Summer School for Young Professionals 2013: Challenges of Global Security Environment, which will take place in Liptovský Mikuláš, Slovakia from 29 June 2013 to 7 July 2013.
The main objective of this broader international project is to assist in professional development of young professionals, future experts and partially representatives of political parties in the field of international relations, security and foreign policy. Presentations and interactive discussions are realized by well-known experts from Slovakia, as well as international organisations. The Summer School is focusing on young professionals from V4 countries, Eastern Europe, Balkan countries and South Caucasus. The number of participants is about 30 annually. The total number of participants has hitherto been more than 200 from 18 countries. The successful participants are receiving certificate and they become a member of NYP – Network of Young Professionals.
- be master or doctoral level students of political science and/or international relations, or a young professionals who is interested and active in the foreign and security policy issues,
- be residents of V4 country (Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, The Czech Republic), Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia) , Ukraine and South Caucasus (Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan); candidates from other countries can apply, but they will cover all the expenses by their own.
- If you are from Ukraine, South Caucasus or Western Balkans: Your travel costs, accommodation and meals will be fully covered. However there is a participation fee 60 EUR and you should pay your visa if required by yourself.
- If you are from V4 country (Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia): Your accommodation and meals will be fully covered. However there is a participation fee 100 EUR and you should pay your travel cost by yourself.
- If you are from any other country: You will have to cover all the expenses of your participation at the Summer School. It amounts to 290 EUR + travel cost.
How to apply
To apply please send a complete application package:
- application form
- motivation letter (max 550 words),
to the following email address: [email protected] (put word “application” into the mail subject). The deadline for sending your application is April 30, 2013 .
Please also check the Application Instructions
For more information please visit The Official Website