Deadline: 30 April 2013
Open to: Candidates with experience in the fields of development, entrepreneurship, issue communication & campaigning or youth work
Remuneration: Commemorate with experience
The D&F Academy is an innovative education institution with the mission to provide learning that creates impact with a specific focus on social entrepreneurs and leadership for young people from around the globe, aged 18 to 28. We offer unique one-year educational programs in the areas of global issues, arts & culture and sports.
Each project enables 15-20 talented young adults to learn from an inspiring mentor and eminent experts, reflect on their own passions and ideas, and plan and implement their own ventures aimed at impacting the world. In the first ten weeks, the Fellows work on a Challenge given to them by their Friend, and prepare their own venture ideas through the participation in the DreamLab, which is our start-up educational program. In the following ten months, the Fellows return to their home countries and kick off their own ventures, learning by doing while being supported through our online curriculum and mentors.
The DreamLab is the D&F Academy start-up course that supports our Fellows throughout the entire year of their Fellowship in developing and implementing their individual ventures. We are looking for an appropriate candidate to take the role of the DreamLab Course Manager and to join a young and dynamic team at a fixed one-year basis with possibility for extension.
As the DreamLab manager you will work closely with the Program Director of the DreamLab to deliver the one-year course. Your main task will be the coaching and supervision of our Fellows throughout their project development and implementation. The DreamLab is delivered through an online learning platform where you will be expected to interact with Fellows and Alumni on a daily basis and will track their participation and performance.
Implementation progress and particular questions arising from Fellows’ project implementation are also discussed in individual as well as group Skypes. Moreover, you will support the Program Director of the DreamLab in the
delivery of workshops at the Academy and actively participate in pitching- and other events organized as part of the DreamLab. We are constantly seeking to improve and expand the quality of the DreamLab, (online e.g. through the establishment of a Massive Open Online Course) as well as offline. Your position leaves enough room for contributing actively to program development and realizing your skills and potential.
- Start-up support and project implementation coaching of Fellows: One-on-one Fellow coaching through online and face-to-face meetings & individual feedback on documents handed in by Fellows relating to their start-up ventures (e.g. budgets, fundraising plans and applications,communication material, strategic plans, etc.)
- Moderation and management of online discussion forums and groups
- Monitoring and tracking of Fellow participation in the online learning program
- Management of the current online learning platform (Moodle)
- Content management of online learning modules on the D&F Cloud
- Enrollment of Fellows, alumni, experts & management of their accounts,rights & permissions
- Documentation of changes and further development of the platform
- Backups and security
- Support during workshops and teaching sessions at the Academy
- Engagement of alumni and experts on the D&F online community
We are looking for an enthusiastic, inspiring and optimistic individual and online community manager with international experience and an interest in grassroots social change. Applicants should present a proven ability to familiarize themselves quickly with new topics in the field of start-up projects, social entrepreneurship and activism and show an active interest in working with young people from a variety of social, economic and cultural backgrounds. The applicant should be highly motivated, willing to learn new skills, and to work in an international environment. Reliability, good communication and time management skills are essential to fulfill the tasks that go along with the position.
- Required skills: Next to an excellent level of spoken and written English (German is an asset but not a requirement), a strong coaching or consulting background (about three years experience), ideally in the fields of development, (social) entrepreneurship, issue communication & campaigning or youth work is required.
- Highly desired skills: Enthusiasm for online education, experience as a course manager and/or in online curriculum development and didactics or online community management surely will be an asset for anyone in this position. Moodle knowledge as well as workshop and facilitation skills would be an additional asset.
- Academic qualification: In terms of academic background, development studies, (social) entrepreneurship, business development, (sustainability) education or (social/cultural) management are potential fields of study of successful applicants. However, flexibility and the willingness to learn new skills, coupled with relevant work experience are more important than a particular field of study.
How to apply
Please send your application (motivation letter, CV, expected salary and a letter of reference or the contact details of 2 referees) preferably as pdf to: [email protected] Deadline for applications is April 30th 2013.