Deadline: 30 July 2013 (extended deadline)
Open to: Young entrepreneurs, students, developers, community leaders, designers and journalists under the age of 30
Awards: Winners will be invited to the WSYA Winers’ Event (Travel and accommodation costs will be covered for the winners.)
The World Summit Youth Award (WSYA) is a unique global contest which brings together young developers and digital entrepreneurs -under 30 years of age- who use internet and mobile technology to put the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) into action and make a difference.
The WSYA selects and promotes best practice in e-Content. It demonstrates young people’s potential to create outstanding digital contents and serves as a platform for people from all UN member states to work together in the efforts to reach the Millennium Development Goals.
Young creators of digital content can register their products themselves via an online platform. An international young expert jury will then judge the projects/products and select a winner in each of the six WSYA categories.
The WSYA Contest is open to young people under 30 (born after January 1, 1983) coming from a UN Member State who are working on an outstanding, innovative and social project, e.g.: Young entrepreneurs, students, developers, community leaders, designers and journalists.
- Be invited to the WSYA Winners’ Event! (Travel and accommodation costs will be covered for the winners.)
- Meet other engaged and amazing young people from around the world, representatives of governments, NGOs, the United Nations, social entrepreneurs and business leaders!
- Get the chance to present your project on a global stage!
- Share ideas, initiatives and inspiration with other amazing young people!
- Learn more about exciting youth initatives and current trends regarding MDGs at workshops and seminars held by ICT experts and entrepreneurs!
- Have your project showcased on the web HERE!
- Be promoted through the WSYA network and network with ICT experts, business leaders, multimedia producers, young entrepreneurs and youth leaders!
- … and last but not least, become part of a vibrant and lively community for young people taking action on the MDGs!
Outstanding projects and applications can be submitted in the following six categories which are directly tied to the United Nations Millennium Development Goals:
- Fight Poverty, Hunger and Disease!
- Education for All!
- Power 2 Women!
- Create your Culture!
- Go Green!
- Pursue Truth!
If you are are not sure what type of projects are eligible, have a look at the winning projects of the previous years for a better understanding of the outstanding e-content projects which can be submitted!
See the whole Contest Rules HERE for more information.
The registration, including submitting the project information, must be completed online HERE by 1 July 2013. After successful registration, participants will receive an ID number to be used in all communication concerning their submission.
The registration procedure includes signing and transmitting of the release form to the WSYA Office. By signing the release form the submitters confirm that they are the rightful owners to the necessary rights to submit the project. These rights include the copyright, right for using pictures, sound or audio components.
All WSYA applicants are invited to create a project profile on the YA Friends platform to increase the exposure of their product and serve as an example to others. Winners and Runners-Up are obliged to present their project on YA Friends.