Open to: graduates or students of arts sciences, other humanities or cultural/event management or PR
Benefits: free accommodation and free Bulgarian language classes
The ATA was established in 1997 as a non-governmental organization registered in public favour. The aims of the association are – among others – to present alternative and experimental forms of contemporary art, to work for their study and documentation and to popularize its activities to a wide audience, giving priority to pupils, students and young people.
The association gained the right to situate its Center for Contemporary Art in the Ancient Bath, rebuild in the period of the Turkish Empire. Being a unique monument of culture from the 16th century, the building belongs to the Municipality of Plovdiv.
The Internship at the Art Today Association, Center for Contemporary Art will start as soon as possible and will last till July 2013 (at least 4 weeks).
Your assistance in the upcoming projects would include:
- organization and PR of the international art exhibition “Approaches to Happiness” and educational events in the framework of the festival “Days of Happiness” taking place in June 2013 in Plovdiv in cooperation with the Credo Bonum Foundation, Sofia
- preparations for the Facade Video Festival 2013
They offer you:
- to take part in an “emerging” Bulgarian and Eastern European contemporary art scene and in developing new projects, the CCA respectively, together with us the chance to continue project based working with or for the CCA after the internship
- a free accommodation in the Old Town of Plovdiv, very close to the office
- free Bulgarian classes at a language school in Plovdiv
- interest in contemporary arts
- experiences in working in the field of cultural management
- graduated or in the middle/at the end of your studies of arts sciences, other humanities or cultural/event management, PR or something related to it
- good communication skills in English (written and oral)
- good computer skills (Mac or Windows)
Please send your CV, motivation letter and documents of work experiences to:
Robert Bosch Cultural Manager