Deadline: 15 May 2013
Open to: Scientists and researchers involved in scientific research related to topics of the conference
Venue: Zagreb, 26-27 November 2013
Institute for Social Research in Zagreb, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb and Human Rights Center, University of Sarajevo invite you to submit contributions to the international scientific conference Young Women and Gender Equality in post-Yugoslav Societies: Research, Practice and Policy. The conference will be held in Zagreb on 26-27 November 2013, as a part of UNESCO’s Participation Programme 2012-2013.
The aim of this project at the first level relates to the analysis of the current situation of young women with regard to culture, education, employment and the labor market, family and marital roles, health, and political participation. On the second level this project will draft recommendations for policy and activist work with young women, and define guidelines for future research aimed at improving the position of young women.
In addition to the theoretical, empirical and comparative research, priority is given to conceptual, methodological and practical contributions to the given subject. Subtopics are centered on seven social aspects under investigation:
- Young women and culture;
- Human rights of women and institutional protection mechanisms;
- Gender and process of decision making;
- Gender sensitive education and perspectives on labor market;
- Violence and women trafficking;
- Family transformations, reproductive policies and health;
- Experiences from practice and relevant policies: measures and channels for relevant policy-making aimed at improving the social position of young women.
Conference is open to scientists and researchers involved in scientific research related to these sub-topics, and experts from the public and civil institutions and organizations involved in relevant policies and practices.
How to apply
Participants can register via conference website. The application deadline is 15 May 2013. In order to submit your application, please fill online submission form and upload the following documents:
- The extended abstract of your proposed paper (a minimum of 250 words) with references, in Croatian (Bosnian, Serbian) and English.
- Your curriculum vitae in Croatian/Bosnian/Serbian and English language, list of publications included.
Final contribution submission
After the process of evaluation, selected authors will be asked to submit contributions till September 10, 2013. Manuscript submission guidelines are uploaded on the conference web site. Authors are asked to strictly adhere to the proposed deadlines.
- Accommodation costs: The organizers will cover accommodation costs during the conference (two nights with breakfasts). Accommodation will be arranged in one of Zagreb four stars hotels. During conference the participants will be offered a lunch and refreshments.
- Travel expenses: Travel expenses are not covered by the organizers. There is a possibility that the organizers will offer travel scholarships before the beginning of the conference. Conference participants will be informed about this possibility in due time.