Deadline: 5 May, 2013
Open to: youth leaders aged between 18 and 35, coming from Belgium, Finland, Norway, Slovakia, Iceland, Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Kosovo
Venue: Reykjavik, Iceland from 3-8 July, 2013
The training course ”Europe - it is You” is a training on European Citizenship which aims to explore the concepts of European citizenship as value based citizenship and will link it with youth work on the topic of Europe. The training course will take place in Iceland and will gather 32 participants from a diverse set of European countries (EU members such as Belgium, Finland and Slovakia, EU candidates such as Iceland, Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro as well as Kosovo as a Balkan potential candidate and Norway who are not involved in the integration). It is planned as an intensive 5-day long training course using the method of non-‐formal education in order to create an appropriate learning environment by focusing on learning by experience, reflection on the past activities of the participants, discussions about the key competencies of leaders and discovering more about Europe and European citizenship.
The training course will contribute to raising awareness and understanding on what is European citizenship in reality and will provide a space for dialogue to present the rights and responsibilities arising from EU citizenship vs. the value based European citizenship. Also, it will serve as a space for networking of young activists working on promotion of citizenship opportunities within the EU and also for the young citizens living in EU candidate countries.
The training course has five objectives:
- critically explore the meaning relevance and implications European citizenship in youth work in all its dimensions;
- promote and facilitatethe active use of programmes and structures in support of youth work on European Citizenship, including the «Youth in Action» and the new programme for Youth
- experiment and explore the potential of European Citizenship for active democratic change in society;
- associate the participants with the current discourse on European Citizenship (its concepts, formal meanings and expressions);
- exemplify the connection between European Citizenship, Human Rights, Democracy and Intercultural Learning and the underlying values.
Profile of the Participants:
- Youth leaders active within the organizations
- Be motivated to develop their competences about European citizenship
- Be committed to attend for the full duration of the course
- Be aged between 18 and 35
- Able to work in English language
There are 4 places for each partner organization (Kosovo, Montenegro, Finland, Norway, Macedonia, Slovakia and Serbia) and 2 places for JEF Europe secretariat in Belgium.
Participation fee is 50 EUR per person which will be deducted from the travel cost reimbursement. Maximum reimbursement per person for the travel costs is 70%. The travel costs limit is the following:
- Kosovo – 600 EUR
- Belgium – 500 EUR
- Macedonia – 600 EUR
- Serbia – 550 EUR
- Montenegro – 600 EUR
- Finland – 500 EUR
- Norway – 400 EUR
- Slovakia – 500 EUR
Travel tip: try to book a cheap flight to Copenhagen or to London, and from there to Reykjavik. Food and accommodation are also covered by the organizers.
How to apply?
Please fill in the online application form by the 5 May 2013.
If you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to send an e-mail to [email protected]