Deadline: 17 May, 2013
Open to: students of Psychology, who are citizens of countries within the Council of Europe or have a valid study or work visa from countries within the Council of Europe
Venue: Belgium, 14-21 July, 2013
In 2013, the seventh European Summer School will take place in Belgium between the 14th and 21st July. The theme for this year is Psychology and Well-being Research the factors contributing to well-being from different psychological perspectives will be explored during the event.
The venue for the ESS 2013 is located in the Voeren-region which is formed by six small villages and better known as ‘the most cosy attic of Flanders’.
The theme of the ESS 2013 is Psychology and Well-being Research. Six research groups, each of them led by an experienced PhD student or postdoc, will be exploring the factors contributing to well-being of individuals, groups and societies from different psychological perspectives. In addition, three outstanding speakers will contribute to the program by giving lectures, speaking with groups and running workshops.
The Programme is open to students who:
- are studying a bachelor’s or master’s degree in psychology or equivalent
- are citizens of countries within the Council of Europe or have a valid study or work visa from countries within the Council of Europe. You can check the list of the countries HERE!
- Student participation fees vary year to year depending on several factors, and the host country of the ESS. This year, the fee is to be around €200. The organizers support any student attempts to gain financial support from their university department by providing an appropriate certification and endorsements.
- Fees cover your accomodation, food and materials for the summer school, as well as the excursion. Your travel costs are not included but some travel reimbursement is sometimes possible.
Before applying read The Application Guide
Application form is available to download here
There are four parts to the application process:
- Personal Information
- Statement of Motivation
- Research Project Preference
If you have any general questions about applications, please feel free to send an email to [email protected]
However, please check the FAQ page first as you may find the majority of questions already answered there.
The deadline for applying is 17 May, 2013.