Deadline: 16 June 2013
Open to: Active professionals from Bulgaria, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Greece, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Turkey.
Scholarship: Internship at an institute of civic education in Germany; housing, food and pocket money; insurance
The German Federal Agency for Civic Education and the Robert Bosch Stiftung are awarding 16 scholarships to active professionals from Bulgaria, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Greece, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Turkey. Providers are looking for people at the beginning of their professional careers who wish to be active internationally. Applicants are expected to already be actively promoting democracy and social responsibility in their own countries and to be engaged in civic education.
- You should have good command of German language in order to communicate with your German collegues.
- You want democracy to become alive in your own country.
- You are active in civil society and you work for an NGO, an institution for civic education or a network dedicated to improving society.
- You are interested in international, cross-border cooperation.
- You want to expand your professional horizon and improve your skills.
- You are a citizen of Bulgaria, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Greece, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia or Turkey.
- You are working as a free-lancer or full time in the field of civic education.
- You hold a university degree or have comparable qualifications and are at the beginning of your professional career.
- You are committed and can work independently.
The program is geared toward people that are just beginning their careers and are interested in meeting and networking with people internationally. They should already be advocating democracy and civic responsibility in their countries and work actively in the field of civic education.
The program’s participants will spend a period of ten to 12 weeks at a guest institution in Germany that is active in civic education. There they will work with their German colleagues and build their network for future international partnerships. During their stay, the scholarship recipients will either be involved in specific projects at the guest institutions or will prepare their own project working together with the guest institutions. Three seminars (an introductory seminar, interim seminar, and closing seminar) are a fixed part of the program.
The programme includes:
- An internship at an institute of civic education in Germany
- Introductory, intermediate and evaluation seminars in Germany (compulsory)
- Housing, food and pocket money
- An optional family allowance
- Health, accident and liability insurance
- The opportunity to attend training events
- Travel expenses to Germany and to the seminars and training events
- Participation in the NECE Conference 2014 including travel and participation costs
- A certificate for successful completion of the programme
- Possibility of networking with people from other programmes at the Robert Bosch Stiftung and the Federal Agency for Civic Education.
How to apply
If you are interested then please apply by June 16th 2013. For detailed explanations concerning the programme and for the documents you should include please see this link (only in German language, part Die Bewerbung).
Please send your application by email to:
Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung
Mrs. Christiane Toyka-Seid
Programme coordinator Shaping Europe – Civic Education in Action
Email: [email protected]