Deadline: 15 July 2013 (extended deadline)
Open to: Young people under 30 (born after January 1, 1983) coming from the European Union as well as Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey and Urkraine.
Prize: Invitation to the EYA Winners´ Event (travel and accommodation costs will be covered)
EYA is a partner Award of the World Summit Youth Award (WSYA).
EYA is open to young people under 30 (born after January 1, 1983) coming from the European Union as well as Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey and Urkraine.
The registration process for the EYA and WSYA is common, you only need to register your project once!
There will be 2 Jury Sessions in August: one for EYA and one for WSYA. This means that your project could be nominated twice: for EYA and maybe for WSYA too!
EYA Nominees will be invited to the EYA Winners´ Event (Location TBC)
Applicants must submit their projects within April 8th – July 1st 2013 in one of the 6 categories listed below. To apply for the EYA 2013 click HERE.
1. Fight Poverty, Hunger and Disease!
Rewards the most effective content and applications addressing issues of extreme poverty and hunger, offering solutions for those whose income is less than $ 1 a day, supporting the reduction of diseases and fighting the spread of HIV/AIDS and malaria.
2. Education for All!
Gives credit to the most innovative content, platforms and solutions to give boys and girls everywhere in the world a full course of primary schooling, to advance training for personal development and jobs, and to achieve a high level of understanding and knowledge of the global information society and its promises, challenges and opportunities.
3. Power 2 Women!
Demonstrates the most inspiring content and communities which promote gender equality and empower women, eliminate gender disparity in education and at work places, facilitate access of women to all levels of political decision making and strengthen women’s contribution to the peaceful resolution of conflicts.
4. Create your Culture!
Celebrates the most engaging online platforms and applications expressing young people’s aspirations, ideas and values, sharing their news, enabling their participation in decision-making processes, strengthening social justice, promoting the knowledge of many languages and cultures, supporting multilingualism, creating contemporary forms of culture and preserving indigenous knowledge and traditions.
5. Go Green!
Showcases the ground-breaking applications and content addressing the natural environment, promoting environmental sustainability, integrating the principles of environmentally sustainable development into policy programmes, reversing the loss of environmental resources and biodiversity, reducing the proportion of people without sustainable access to safe drinking water and improving the lives of slum dwellers.
6. Pursue Truth!
Focuses on journalism using Internet and Mobiles to cover the MDGs and to report on issues related to them, to their realization or failure to be realized; addresses content excellence in terms of a fair, accurate, contextual pursuit of truth and the success in publishing the content using digital, interactive media platforms; invites young journalists and citizens to share their news and become active participants in the public interest of their community and country.
You can find detailed contest rules here.
- Be invited to the EYA Winners´ Event! (Winners will receive a grant to cover their travel and accommodation costs.) By registering a project to EYA, you will also be included in the world-wide contest (WSYA) which mean that you have double chance to win! You can be a European EYA winner and/or world-wide WSYA winner! Please note that the registration process for the EYA and WSYA is common, you only need to register your project once.
- Meet other engaged and amazing young people from around the world, representatives of governments, NGOs and the United Nations, entrepreneurs and business leaders!
- Get the chance to present your project on a global stage!
- Share ideas, initiatives and inspiration with other amazing young people!
- Learn more about exciting youth initatives and current trends regarding MDGs at workshops and seminars held by ICT experts and entrepreneurs!
- Have your project showcased on the web at www.eu-youthaward.org!
- Be promoted through the EYA & WSYA network and network with ICT experts, business leaders, multimedia producers, young entrepreneurs and youth leaders!
- … and last but not least, become part of a vibrant and lively community for young people taking action on the MDGs!