Deadline: 1 July 2013
Open to: Young people between 18-30 from European Member states
Fellowship: Accommodation, food and retreat fee for The Peace Revolution European Fellowship in Lede, Belgium between the 11th-16th October 2013
The Peace Revolution European Fellowship entitled, “Peace In + Peace Out = Sustainable World Peace will bring together youths from all over Europe who are interested in learning and exploring self-development as a primary means to create real world changes. The new 5-days fellowship will primarily focus on meditation as a key tool for self-development.
We live in a world which is often chaotic, stressful and where many people live their lives in situations which are out of their control. By developing skills, primarily through the means of meditation and workshops, people can learn to be less reactive to emotions, stress and challenging external environments and instead become proactive towards real and meaningful world change. The Peace Revolution European Fellowship will take place between the 11th-16th October 2013 in Lede, Belgium, and will be the fourth fellowship after three previous successes in Belgium since 2011.
- To promote tools of non-violent communication and peace-building that can be applied to all cultures, religions and professions.
- To explore meditation as a practice which can develop tools to deal with challenges within peace-building and youth work.
- To explore the idea that self-development is a core foundation of world change and for helping others.
- To understand that cultivating inner qualities can be the foundation of creating compassion in society which leads to more
benevolence and understanding within conflict situations.
- To learn practical methods of stress management and ways to increase emotional intelligence.
- To practice mindfulness during yoga and other group activities.
- To build on participants’ progress after having participated in the online self-development program
- To empower youth workers and to offer the space for them to create ideas to implement activities and events in their own communities.
What is covered by Peace Revolution:
- Retreat fee
- Promotional material for the use of participants
Participants should cover their transport costs to the retreat site.
- Ages 18-30
- Must be from European Member states (EFTA COUNTRIES/EEA MEMBER STATES, EU MEMBER STATES and PRE-ACCESSION COUNTRIES) or hold a Schengen visa.
- Candidates should be fully self-supportive for the transportation to the retreat site.
- Must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program
- Candidates should have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- Candidates should be optimistic, be open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace.
How to apply
You can apply online here. The deadline for applications is 1 July 2013.
Should you need more information about the fellowship programs in Europe, please contact email@example.com.