Deadline: 30 May 2013
Open to: Master degree students from diverse disciplinary backgrounds
Scholarship: Monthly studentship sufficient to cover tuition fee, accommodation and sundries
The European Union Academic Programme Hong Kong (EUAP) is inviting applications for two PhD Scholarships in the fields of European Union Studies / EU Relations with China / East Asia. The EUAP is a consortium of four universities in Hong Kong, co-financed by the European Commission. It is dedicated to strengthening research expertise on the European Union and its engagement with and in East Asia.
The EUAP welcomes cutting-edge inter-disciplinary research proposals from prospective candidates. The Scholarship Scheme is an excellent opportunity for outstanding Master degree students from diverse disciplinary backgrounds to conduct doctoral research at one of the EUAP member universities in Hong Kong. International students can apply for this scholarship.
Successful candidates will be awarded the scholarship in the form of a monthly studentship sufficient to cover tuition fee, accommodation and sundries for a maximum period of three years (approx. 14,100 HK$ p.m. for the 2013-14 academic year).
How to apply
Applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Detailed CV;
- Academic transcripts and TOEFL/IELTS scores;
- Personal statement (1,000 words) indicating the candidate’s motivation for conducting doctoral research in the proposed area of research;
- Detailed research proposal (3,000 words) indicating the proposed research question to be pursued, its relevance and contribution to the research literature, as well as the methodology and research materials (sources) to be used.
- Applications need to identify a EUAP member university and a supervisor for their research. Prior to the formal application candidates should therefore make contact with prospective doctoral research supervisors at one of the following EUAP partner universities: Hong Kong Baptist University: Prof Jean – Pierre Cabestan ([email protected]), University of Hong Kong: Dr Roland Vogt ([email protected]), Chinese University of Hong Kong: Prof. Sandra Marco Colino ([email protected]@edu.hk)
The application deadline is 30 May 2013. All application documents and a portfolio of previous written work or other documented achievements should be sent by air mail to:
European Union Academic Programme
Attn: Prof. Jean – Pierre Cabestan, Director General
c/o Hong Kong Baptist University / Rm 515 David C. Lam Building
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
- Candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria will be shortlisted by a selection committee and interviewed via Skype.
- The selected candidates will be nominated for admission to read for a PhD at their selected EUAP partner university. They will then have to submit a formal online application. The respective university (Graduate School) reserves the right to make the final decision on admission.
Notification: Successful candidates will receive written confirmation of their scholarship and a written admission offer that is conditional on the candidate’s attainment of the predicted academic qualifications.