Deadline: 1 June 2013
Open to: students coming from South East European countries, Western Europe and beyond
Venue: Mitrovica, 19 July – 2 August 2013
This summer, for the seventh time, the Mitrovica Summer University (MSU13) will be held from the 19th of July till the 2nd of August, 2013. Organizers will provide 6 intensive courses followed with cultural excursions, a recreational programme, as well as public debates on prominent issues in society. Organizers are inviting you to expand academic knowledge and skills in different fields of study, while enjoying an international atmosphere.
Each demand-driven course will be taught in English by a team consisting of an international teacher, local teacher and an assistant. After 10 teaching days, students will take the compulsory exam and get the opportunity to obtain an official Mitrovica Summer University Certificate rated with 3 to 4 ECTS credits.
The MSU13 programme offers 6 courses:
1. European human rights advocacy;
2. Information literacy tools in formal and informal education;
3. Entrepreneurship – from basics to innovation;
4. Cultural heritage and diversity;
5. Environmental protection and hazardous materials;
6. Cultural and national contacts in modern British-American Literature.
- Lectures and classes are tuition free for all students. Participants who study in Mitrovica and in South East Europe countries (please refer to the MSU-13-Information-Guide-for-Participants to see which countries we have listed as SEE) can apply for a scholarship, which covers accommodation and food. In addition, they will receive a one-time stipend covering their travel costs. Students who study in Mitrovica and SEE countries have to pay a registration fee in the amount of 5 Euros.
- International students from Western Europe and beyond have to cover their travel’s costs, accommodation and food; however they will not be charged for the tuition fee, neither for registration fee. For these participants, accommodation and food is provided at a modest price (180 Euros in total) for the entire duration of the MSU.
You can apply online here before the 1st of June. In order to submit a successful application, it is genuinely advised to check out the selection criteria below:
- Course relevance. Priority will be given to students who apply for a course which is relevant and in compliance to their home-university’s study programs.
- English language proficiency. When applying, students will be asked to indicate the level of understanding of English. The working language at the MSU will be English; a good level of English is required.
- Motivation letter.
Three criteria will be evaluated:
- Your interest will be measured with every specified extracurricular experience in relevant field, i.e. participation in activities or groups that are relevant to the chosen course subject, published essays etc.
- Your expectations – What do you expect to gain from participating to the MSU13 programme?
- Your contribution – What is the adding value to the learning process that you can offer?
For more information please check the official website.