Deadline: 30 June, 2013
Open to: applicants, who hold an undergraduate degree (minimum)
Scholarship: total value:up to $118,500 for Master’s and Up to $228,500 for PhD
Each Year, Australian Government funded Endeavour Postgraduate Awards for international students. The awards are offered to undertake a postgraduate qualification at a Master’s or PhD level either by coursework or research in any field of study. The award provides financial support up to 2 years for a master’s and up to 4 years for a PhD.
Endeavour Scholarships aim to:
- develop ongoing educational, research and professional links between individuals, organisations and countries
- increase the skills and global awareness of high achieving individuals from Australia and overseas
- contribute to Australia’s reputation as a high quality provider of education and training and a leader in research and innovation
- increase the productivity of Australians through international study, research or professional development experience.
- Award Holders must be aged 18 years or over at the commencement of their Award. There is no maximum age limit.
- Applicants who have already commenced or will commence their program at their host organisation prior to 2014 are ineligible to apply
- Award Holders are not permitted to hold any other Australian Government sponsored scholarship.
- Applicants must be citizens and/or permanent residents of a participating country and must not hold dual citizenship with Australia
- Applicants who currently hold or who have completed an Australia Award after 1 January 2012 are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants are not eligible to apply in a category in which they have already completed an Endeavour Scholarship or Fellowship.
- Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree (minimum) at the time of application, demonstrating high academic achievement.
- Applicants must have applied for and gained admission to a Master’s or PhD course in Australia for commencement in 2014.
- Travel Allowance: $4,500
- Establishment Allowance: $4,000
- Monthly Stipend: $2,500 per month. Up to 2 years for a Master’s on a pro-rata basis and Up to 4 years for a PhD on a pro-rata basis
- Tuition Fees: $12,500 per semester. Up to 2 years for a Masters and Up to 4 years for a PhD -Health Insurance: Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) will be provided. -Travel Insurance: Coverage provided for travel to and from Australia, not during.
- Total Value: Up to $118,500 for Master’s and Up to $228,500 for PhD.
- The top twenty (20) recipients of the Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship (PhD only), from the ten eligible Asian countries and regions, will be offered the Prime Minister’s Australia Asia Postgraduate Scholarship and its additional benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted using the Endeavour Online Application system. Please refer to the Apply Now page for further information.
Applications for the 2014 Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships close Sunday 30 June 2013 at 11.59 am AEST.
For further details please download the Application Guideline
The list of eligible countries can be found on pages 18-19.