Deadline: 2 June 2013
Open to: candidates from around the world with project/work experience in social media and communications and native/excellent English language skills
Remuneration: 800 Euros per month
The HUB is looking for a Global Communications Support to join them starting June/July 2013 as member of their global team and provide essential support and coordination in the areas of media, communications and PR of the HUB. This position is open to applicants globally and may be based at any HUB around the world (see the network map of HUB locations HERE).
Everyone has ideas for making the world a better place – the HUB is a place to make them happen. With close to 40 open HUBs, more than 6,000 members around the world and a combined global team of over 400 makers, they have created a collaborative eco-system that inspires, connects and enables people across the world to sustainably impact society. From Amsterdam to Johannesburg, Singapore to San Francisco – they provide access to spaces, resources and connections, knowledge, talent and investments to turn ideas into action and move from intent to impact. Started in 2005 with just a single HUB, they have now become a tightly connected network spanning the globe.
The job will take 30 hours per week and can be based in any HUB around the world! You will be remunerated as an independent contractor at a rate of 800 EUR per month, and VAT registration is required if you will be based in the EU. The contract is a minimum of 1 year with an annual performance review and 3 months’ probation period. The candidate will directly report to the HUB Global Communications Coordinator and/or HUB Global Managing Director.
Website and social media
- Ongoing management and content update of global website
- Curation and overview of global social media channels, especially Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin
- Update and maintenance of global video and photo channels
Local HUB support
- Management of internal network support site
- Development and maintenance of media resource center
- Availability for local support requests on branding and communications
- Editing and coordination of internal newsletters and announcements
- Copy-editing and proof-reading of documents and presentations
- Basic branding and design support within global team
Why join HUB?
- To contribute to the development, positioning and communications of an innovative global organization of considerable sector leverage and impact.
- To work in a highly entrepreneurial, dynamic and flexible global environment with lots of room for autonomy and self-expression.
- To get the chance to work alongside highly committed pioneers in building a global movement for social enterprise and innovation.
- To gain global project and work experience and strengthen expertise in internal and external communications as well as multi-stakeholder coordination.
- To be part of a steadily growing network of 400+ makers and 6,000+ members of the HUB around the world.
Good candidates will have relevant project/work experience in social media and communications and native/excellent English language skills and the ability to craft messages into engaging content that readers can easily connect with. Candidates should be passionate about and immersed into relevant topics, developments and conversations in the field of social impact and innovation. Having advanced design, presentation and video editing skills as well as basic Wordpress and HTML skills with high attention to details in form and content is a big plus.
Candidates should also be supportive, active and reliable in your internal communication and able to manage different requests, topics and conversations at a time. They are looking for candidates who are open-minded, self-reliant, and excited about being part of a diverse, fastpaced, global start-up environment.
Please email your application to [email protected] by Sunday, 02 June 2013 (midnight CET), including the following documents:
- CV or Resume.
- Cover letter outlining why you and the HUB are made for each other.
- Sample of written communication from previous roles or projects and/or letter of recommendation from a professional contact.
Upon initial screening, additional interviews may be conducted. The final decision will then be communicated by latest 09 June 2013. Preferred starting date for the position: between 15 June and 01 July 2013.
In case of any questions, please email [email protected] with subject “Global Communications Support.” For more information, please read the call for applications HERE and see the official website HERE.