Deadline: 31 August, 2013
Open to: nationals of one of the Member States of the European Union with knowledge in French or English
Remuneration: EUR 900 per month
Each year the General Secretariat of the Council offers some 80 paid traineeships lasting 5 months. A trainee will be attached to one or more departments of the General secretariat of the Council for the duration of five months. Trainees will be attached to a department and work as part of the team to which they are assigned. They may be required, for instance, to attend meetings of working parties (and possibly Coreper and Council meetings), draft minutes or carry out preparatory work or research on a particular subject. It should be noted that the languages most used at the General Secretariat of the Council are French and English.
- nationals of one of the Member States of the European Union
- candidates have completed by the deadline for the lodging of the applications at least the first cycle of a course of university studies validated by a certificate
- national officials are not eligible for this programme
- applicants have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the EU and satisfactory knowledge of another of these languages. In practice, a knowledge of at least French or English is necessary
- applicants who have not already undergone an in-service training in another European institutionPriority will be given to applicants on the basis of the results obtained during their studies.
Preference shall be given to applicants:
- who have completed or started a course on European integration
- who hold posts in the private or public sector dealing with activities of the EU
The grant awarded is currently fixed at EUR 900 per month.
How to apply
Application form is available HERE
Applications must be submitted between 1 June and 31 August, 2013 for the period of traineeship starting from 1 February, 2014.
The Secretariat receives about 2 500 applications each year; unfortunately, there are only about 80 places available.
Applications registered will be examined between September and January.
If you are selected, you will be asked to supply the following supporting documents:
- a legible copy of your passport or identity card;
- a copy of your diplomas or official certificates;
- where necessary, copies of attestations of your professional experience; proof or a substantiated declaration of your knowledge of the languages stated on the application form.