Deadline: 9 August, 2013
Open to: candidates aged between 18-30 and residents of Council of Europe member states plus Belarus, Kazakhstan and the Holly See
Venue: Strasbourg, France from 27 to 29 November, 2013
The European Youth Foundation is supporting the involvement of young people in the 2013 edition of the World Forum for Democracy (WFD) in order to ensure a visible and efficient youth presence during all stages of the event. The second edition of the World Forum for Democracy, which will take place on 27-29 November 2013, will focus on re-connecting citizens with institutions and re-inventing democratic participation in the digital age. The core content of the Forum will consist of discussions about experimental initiatives and innovative ideas that have the ambition to amplify citizen voices, increase institutions’ transparency, responsiveness, re-focus on common interest and enable more deliberation and citizen influence on decision-making. These initiatives and ideas will be challenged with respect to their potential for strengthening democratic participation, risks they may entail, their transferability, and their impact on democratic institutions and practice as a whole. The initiatives will be discussed in a series of 20 creative laboratories (labs) which involve various stakeholders with diverse backgrounds. More information about the 2013 edition of the World Forum for Democracy can be found here.
The organizers are looking for 40 young people who:
- are aged between 18-30
- are a resident in one of the 50 signatories of the European Cultural Convention
- are representatives of youth NGOs active at local, regional, national or European level which are working on related subjects
- are actively involved in civil society democracy initiatives
- are experienced in running youth initiatives which are promoting democratic processes or willing to develop this kind of initiatives
- are motivated to contribute to the development of recommendations on youth and re-wiring democracy
- are able to commit themselves to full and active participation throughout all phases of the work
- can participate in the whole event in Strasbourg (arrival 26 November, departure 30 November)
- are able to communicate and work fluently in English (knowledge of French would be an advantage).
The participants who will be chosen as panellists should have public speaking experience.
Board and Lodging will be provided by the Council of Europe at the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg.
Travel costs will be covered by the Council of Europe, on presentation of the relevant receipts, according to Council of Europe rules. The reimbursements will be paid after the event through bank transfer. Only participants having taken part in the whole event will be reimbursed.
How to Apply?
If you wish to participate in this event you are invited to send the expression of interest together with your CV in Europass format to email@example.com before 9 August 2013 (midnight CET). Selected participants will receive confirmation and more information in the second half of August 2013.
For more information please check the official call.