Deadline: 22 July, 2013
Open to: competitors who are working to promote decent work for young migrants and are over 18 years-old
Award: the winner will be invited to take part in a panel discussion, to be held in New York. The ILO will cover all your travel costs.
Young people are on the move in search of work more than ever before. Today, about 30 per cent of the world’s international migrants are young women and men between the ages of 15-24. Yet, very little is known about the opportunities and struggles facing young migrants in a globalized world. Together, let’s put the spotlight on the plight of young women and men on the move!
About the Contest
To enter the video contest, send your video (of maximum five minutes) showing how you make a difference in the lives of young migrants.
The jury will select one winner who thinks best show decent work for young migrants. This contest presents a unique opportunity for all of us to give a voice to young migrants and meet leaders engaged in shaping the future of our societies. The jury aims to recognize and shed light on outstanding freedom of expression by people who actively promote decent work for young migrants. The contest is organized as part of the knowledge management facility on youth employment and migration that is sponsored by Spain’s Millennium Development Goals Achievement Fund (MDG-F) and managed by the ILO.
You should enter if you are working to promote decent work for young migrants, are over 18 years-old, happy for your video to be shown publicly and available to be in New York on 12 August should you win.
- You must be focusing your work on youth employment and migration at the local, national or international level. Don’t forget to give us your powerful message on the issue!
- Videos must be a maximum of five minutes long;
- You may only send one video submission;
- Videos which are not in one of the three working languages of the ILO (English, French or Spanish), must include subtitles in one of the ILO’s working languages.
- You must send the link of your video via email to [email protected] and provide your name, age and nationality in the subject field (videos may be unlisted);
- Please write up a brief description of your activities in the body of the email;
- Deadline for submissions: 22 July 2013 at 23:59 (GMT).
On 12 August, which is International Youth Day, the winner will be invited to take part in a panel discussion, to be held in New York. The ILO will cover all your travel costs. You may produce your video in a team but only one winner will be eligible to attend the panel discussion in New York.
How to participate?
The video you create is your opportunity to explain who you are and what you do. Create a video of a maximum five minutes that shows how YOU work to address the challenges and opportunities facing young migrants. If you don’t have a camera, use your phone!
Here are some guiding questions: How are you contributing to the better livelihood of young migrants? How are you shaping the future society for young migrants? How are you promoting decent work for young migrants? We also invite you to share a powerful message for those young migrants on the move.
You should upload your video on your own YouTube channel and send the link to the following email address: [email protected] with your name, age and nationality in the subject box.
For more information please check the official call.