Deadline: 19 August 2013
Open to: citizens of the European Union
Prize: coaching sessions and workshops in London and Brussels
The @Diversity Idea Competition is seeking 15 of the most original and innovative ideas for cultural projects that make use of information and communication technologies (ICT) to finance, produce, make available, disseminate and/or extract value from cultural contents. The ambition is to create an open laboratory to test new approaches dealing with cultural content for innovation and digital sharing. The aim is to explore new business models fostering the cultural diversity in Europe.
The idea will have to fit in one or more of the following categories:
- Make culture – Ideas to produce or re-produce cultural content or deliver a cultural service
- Spread culture – Ideas to make circulate, distribute and promote cultural products and cultural resources
- Access culture – Ideas to facilitate access to cultural resources and/or lower access barriers
- Finance culture – Ideas to present alternative financing mechanisms for financing the creation, spread and access to cultural content
The idea fits with one or more of the following cultural sectors:
- Cultural Heritage, including, galleries, libraries, archives, museums;
- Audiovisual works, including recorded music, film, television, video games, multimedia;
- Performing arts, including live music, theatre, opera, dance, sound and light spectacles;
- Creation and exhibition of art objects/ tangible art products, including painting, sculpture, graphic art, conceptual art and installations;
- Publishing, including books and press.
The Competition is open to every citizen in the European Union. You can apply either as an individual or as an organisation (for profit or non-profit), as long as you are or your organisation is established in one of the EU Member States. If you and your team are 18-25 years old, you are given the unique opportunity to compete for the Young Culture Award in the @Diversity Idea Competition.
Winners of the @Diversity Idea Award will receive tailor-made coaching by selected coaching experts. Winners will have two intensive online coaching sessions, and will be invited for an additional on-site two-day coaching workshop in London and a Final Seminar in Brussels, with the presence of top-level stakeholders and decision-makers.
Winners of the @Diversity Idea Competition will also enjoy networking opportunities to promote their idea. They will be invited to pitch their winning ideas idea at two international pitching sessions where investors and stakeholders will be present.
Travel and subsistence costs for the participation in all the events will be covered for one idea promoter per idea.
Participants should create an account here and then submit their idea. Deadline for application is 19 August 2013, at 23:59 CET.
Please visit the official website to learn more about the competition.