Deadline: 15 August 2013
Open to: projects led by and benefitting women and girls, particularly those from vulnerable communities
Grant: up to $2,000
The Open Meadows Foundation is a grant-making organization seeking projects that promote gender/racial/economic justice. The projects must be led by and benefit women and girls, particularly those from vulnerable communities.
Open Meadows Foundation funds projects that do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and expression, age or ability. It offers grants up to $2000 to projects that:
- Are designed and implemented by women and girls;
- Reflect the diversity of the community served by the project in both its leadership and organization;
- Promote building community power; and
- Have limited financial access or have encountered obstacles in their search for funding.
All of the above guidelines are applied in considering funding. To see previous projects that have been funded, see HERE.
Small and start-up organizations are strongly encouraged to apply. The organizational budget should not exceed $150,000. Proposals from organizations not previously funded have priority.
Organizations interested in applying must have tax exempt status or a fiscal sponsor that is tax exempt under 501C3 of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC).
The next DEADLINE for submitting proposals is Thursday, August 15, 2013.
Applicants must submit three (3) copies of their application, 501C3 tax letter, budget and any other supporting materials for their proposal. If the IRS tax-exempt letter from the organization(or fiscal agent) and/or any other part of the checklist is not included, the proposal will be considered as INCOMPLETE and cannot be forwarded to the reviewers. Open Meadows only accepts one proposal from an organization at a cycle. If the request is for more than one project, neither project will be considered.
There is no special application form. Please follow the checklist for your application.
- The Cover Sheet – click HERE for the cover sheet
- A project narrative not to exceed three pages which includes specific information about the project and the community in which it will take place as well as organization information. Be specific and detailed about the project.
- An itemized budget for the project including income and expenses
- A budget for the organization including income and expenses. Please include 1 or 2 previous years’ budget if available. If you need help, NonProfitWorks has sample budgets and guides to budget preparation and a sample budget can be found at Non-Profit Guides.
- For US proposals, a copy of either your organization’s tax-exempt letter from the IRS giving 501(c)(3) status or a copy of the fiscal agent’s tax-exempt letter from the IRS giving 501(c)(3) status. For international proposals, a copy of the organization’s registration.
- A list of staff (full and part-time), including race, ethnicity and gender
- A list of the current board of directors, including race, ethnicity and gender
- All arts projects must be accompanied by appropriate support material, i.e. a CD/DVD, video, script. etc.
- Supplemental materials or samples may be included to support of your program.
Review the “What we do not fund” list HERE to make sure that your proposal fits the guidelines of Open Meadows Foundation.
Please include a stamped self-addressed envelope if you wish to know that your proposal was received. (US proposals only). For proposals from the US, please use United States Postal Service and do not require signature or certification.
Preference is given to first time applicants. They highly recommend that proposals are sent in advance to:
Open Meadows Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 1363
Bronx, NY 10475
United States of America