Deadline: 23 October 2013
Open to: Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens who fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD equivalent or health professional degree
Fellowship: $70,000 per year for 2 years
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social and research‑based growth. This fellowship is offered in the fields of :health research, natural sciences and/or engineering, social sciences and/or humanities.
The objective of the fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
The fellowship must be taken up no earlier than April 1 and no later than October 1 following the year of application.
The fellowship recipient will receive $70,000 per year (taxable) for 2 years (non-renewable).
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply.
- Applicants for the 2013–14 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree.
- Applicants must not hold a tenure-track or tenured faculty position, nor can they be on leave from such a position.
For further information please read the eligibility criteria.
The application is conducted online trough a series of tasks. To start the application process the applicant is required to log in HERE and proceed with the process. Among other documents the application needs to include:
- A CCV ( Canadian Common CV )
- assessments from three (3) referees
- submit a fulfillment of degree requirements form
Please refer to the application guideline where the overall process and required documents are explained.
For more information please visit the official website.