Deadline: 23 August 2013
Open to: candidates with fluent English, excellent level of computer literacy and communication skills
Remuneration: € 1,000 monthly
European Schoolnet (EUN) is a non-profit organisation funded by European ministries of education dedicated to supporting schools in bringing about the best use of technology in learning, promoting the European dimension in schools and raising the quality of education in Europe. European Schoolnet seeks candidates interested in 6-month internship position as Knowledge Team Assistant for its office in Brussels, Belgium, starting on 2 September 2013.
The Knowledge Team of the European Schoolnet is responsible for the main research outputs and knowledge-building activities within EUN. The team’s remit is to ensure that EUN develops as a think-tank offering its members grounded evidence on innovation and ICT in education on which they can build policies and visions for their national strategies.
The team is responsible for designing appropriate tools for information collection, depending on the topic being addressed and the target audience (e.g. questionnaires, case study grids, expert interviews, peer learning visit guidelines etc.); analysing and comparing national information; and producing various user-friendly outputs, such as studies, literature reviews and policy recommendations, appropriate to our users.
Main tasks of the trainee will be:
- Administrative and financial support
- Logistical support to projects and activities
- Drafting documents for meetings
- Editing documents and reports
- Communication activities
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken French is highly desirable (and any other EU language is also a bonus)
- Strong organisational skills
- Problem-solving attitude and ability to react to fast changing situations promptly and appropriately
- Excellent level of computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, DropBox are essential, web editing skills and a good knowledge of Liferay are preferable)
- Excellent editing and formatting skills
- Financial monitoring experience (costing, budgeting, reporting, tracking etc.) and background in EU funded programmes are an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Preferably a background in education (but other specializations may be considered)
The position of Knowledge Team Assistant will be remunerated circa € 1,000 monthly.
Please apply by email to Caroline Kearney: [email protected], Education Analyst & Project Manager, with Michela Pagano: [email protected], Knowledge Team Assistant, in copy, enclosing a CV and a covering letter in English. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline is 23 August 2013.
For more information, please visit the official website HERE.