Deadline: 24 August 2013
Open to: Roma youth leaders and activists 25 years old or younger from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Kosovo, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, and Turkey
Venue: 23-30 September 2013 in Borovets, Bulgaria
PETRI SOFIA within the National Centre of Public Health and Analyses (NCPHA) in Bulgaria is announcing a call for applications for the Training for Roma Youth Leaders on Advocacy and Peer Education, which would take place in Bulgaria from 23 to 30 September 2013.
The training for Roma Youth Leaders on Advocacy and Peer Education aims to support capacity development of Roma youth leaders, peer educators and volunteers working with Roma people in the Region in two particular areas:
- to advocate for Roma adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive health;
- to design and deliver Roma youth peer education training programmes
PETRI – Sofia will cover all costs of participants:
- Provide participants with flight/bus tickets (participants will be provided with e-tickets)
- Organize transfer to/from Sofia airport to/from the hotel
- Provide full board accommodation during the training period in Bulgaria
- Reimburse visa and in-country travel costs of participants (from/to their hometown to/from the airport in case the they are located in different cities)
This training will include 18 -20 Roma youth leaders and/or young people, peer educators and volunteers working with Roma people or young Roma people with a maximum of 2 participants per country from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Kosovo, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, and Turkey.
Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
- Participant has to be Roma youth leaders and/or young activist in Roma organization;
- Below 25 year old;
- Good command of English language;
- Has demonstrated a personal commitment to Roma youth and/or peer education activities as demonstrated by involvement in work with NGO,CBO;
- Knowledge in one or more of the following topics would be an asset: Roma health and/or social development, sexual and reproductive health, sexually transmitted infections, HIV/AIDS, drug use, youth development, sexual behavior, civic engagement and broader Roma issues.
- Open to learning, growing and receiving constructive criticism.
- Able to engage a group in an educational process;
- Open to variations of human experience and personal identities, including: age, income, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability;
- Nominee must be committed and in a position to transfer knowledge to other youth trainers in his/her country and region
- Has the ability to attend the entire training workshop of 6 days (September 2013);
The official language of the training sessions and discussions is English.
All applicants shall submit their application documents to the UNFPA’s Country Office. The Candidates need to send the following documents to Sara Calkic at [email protected] by 24 AUGUST 2013:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Letter of Recommendation (Head of candidate’s NGO, or other partner/organization, involved in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights related to the work of the candidate);
- Completed Application Form AVAILABLE HERE
PETRI-Sofia Team might contact the selected applicants to understand more about their experience in the field and their level of English.
For further information, please, refer to the concept note of the training HERE and the call for applications HERE. Shall there be any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the organizers at [email protected] or [email protected]