Deadline: on a rolling basis
Open to: native English speakers with successful completion of at least the first two years of university
Benefits: dynamic work environment and the opportunity to develop professional skills through capacity building, local travel and active engagement in all project efforts
The Public International Law and Policy Group (PILPG) seeks an intern to support the project in their office in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). The position may be part-time or full-time. PILPG is implementing a project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) aimed at supporting BiH civil society organizations (CSOs), activists and civic leaders to play a stronger and more integral role in identifying and proposing constitutional reforms needed to strengthen BiH’s Euro-Atlantic integration processes, stability, security and prosperity. PILPG works with a number of CSOs on various aspects of constitutional reform, approaching the issue from many different process and sector angles.
Some of the responsibilities are:
- Provide drafting and editing support on legal memoranda and other reports
- Support ongoing project implementation
- Conduct background research supporting project needs
- Attend relevant events as requested by the Chief of Party/Program Manager
PILPG offers a dynamic work environment and interns are provided the opportunity to develop their professional skills through capacity building, local travel and active engagement in all project efforts.
Candidates should fulfill the following requirements:
- Native English speaker
- Successful completion of at least the first two years of university
- Strong interest in BiH politics, democratization, governance, and human rights
- Strong editing skills, and careful attention to detail
- Research and analysis skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of the team
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and out-of-the-box thinking
All interested candidates should send their CV, a short motivation letter and a writing sample (in English) to [email protected], indicating period of availability. Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.
For more information, visit the PILPG website HERE.