Deadline: 10 September 2013
Open to: civil society organizations and researchers from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia
Grant: 3,000-5,000 EUR
Balkan Civil Society Development Network (BCSDN) and the Pontis Foundation announce the second Call for Proposals for researchers and organizations from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia to develop policy proposals dealing with one of the following priority themes:
- Democracy and the rule of law – focus shall be put on analyzing (one or several if they are linked) the following issues: policy-making and policy implementation/enforcement, corruption, media, access to public information, administration capacity and transparency of public institutions.
- Non-majority communities – special attention shall be given to: respect and protection of non-majority, social groups and groups in position of other forms of discrimination and people with disabilities.
The project outputs should be:
- Policy document – BCSDN and Pontis Foundation can offer assistance in distributing the policy products to all relevant institutions. Additionally, policy papers will be posted on the BCSDN and Pontis web sites (the conditions for the size and the length of the policy paper can be found in the project proposal template);
- Policy event – one national event for discussion and promotion with stakeholders.
- Civil society organizations registered in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro or Serbia. Priority will be given to those organisations which have not been recipients of EU funding acting as lead organisations;
- Individual researchers, citizens of these 6 countries, under 35 years old (including M.A. students in the last year of their studies).
Grant for organizations amount maximum 5,000 EUR, for individual researchers it is maximum 3,000 EUR.
All interested individual organizations/researchers should send to the following documents by 10 September 2013 to [email protected]:
An evaluation committee will select grant recipients by mid-October 2013. After signing a contract, grantees will have time till end of March 2014 to implement their projects. At the beginning of the research period (November 2013), BCSDN and Pontis Foundation will organize a training for all grantees in policy paper writing. In addition, authors of the best policy papers will have an opportunity to participate in a study visit in Brussels to present the results of their research projects to the representatives of the EU institutions and other stakeholders.
Contact person for additional information is: Deniza Bundalevska, SBPPF Coordinator [email protected]
Read the official call HERE.