Deadline: 20 October 2013
Open to: professionals from the academic and extension services who are involved in grain storage and food security projects
Venue: 2-17 December 2013, Volcani Agricultural Complex, Israel
MASHAV – Israel’s Agency for International Development Cooperation, and CINADCO – Center for International Agricultural Development Cooperation, in cooperation with the ARO – Agricultural Research Organization, the Institute for postharvest and Food Sciences, Food Quality and Safety department, invites professionals to participate in the course on: Food Security & Grain Storage – Technologies and Management which will take place in CINADCO’s Training Centre, Volcani Agricultural Complex, situated 10 km east of Tel Aviv, Israel on 2-17 December 2013.
Aims of the course are to:
- understand the ecosystem of stored grain and dry food
- learn the influence of biotic and abiotic factors on stored product and their interaction during storage
- learn food security and grain storage technologies with an emphasis on phasing out the use of methyl bromide, which will reduce grain losses while meeting the requirements for food quality and safety
- transmit the knowledge and experience of Israel’s scientists and specialists in grain storage to developing countries
- assist specialists from developing countries in the implementation of relevant technologies
This course is designed for professionals from the academic and extension services who are involved in grain storage and food security projects under the aegis of national or international organizations, institutions, universities, research institutes, municipalities and/or the private sector.
Course participants must have a relevant academic degree and at least 3 years of practical work experience in related fields. A good command of the English language is essential.
MASHAV will award scholarships covering tuition fees, full board accommodation (two participants share a room), basic medical insurance and transportation to and from the airport. Scholarships do not include international airfare and per diem.
Completed application form (available HERE), including the medical form should be sent by 20 October 2013 to the Israeli mission in your area (find HERE) and also faxed or e-mailed to CINADCO Training Center in Israel:
Fax no: +972 3 9485771
e-mail: [email protected]