Deadline: 15 September 2013
Open to: local organizations creating film screenings dealing with human rights in least developed countries, low income countries and low middle income countries, according to the list HERE
Grant: € 5.000 maximum
Movies that Matter supports human rights film screenings worldwide! Are you planning to organise a festival or event with human rights films in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and Middle East? Looking for funding? Apply!
Movies that Matter offers modest financial assistance and advice to initiate human rights film festivals and to help circulate and exhibit human rights films in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America and Middle East.
It supports events like mobile cinema projects, human rights film festivals, travelling film festivals, outreach programmes, and educational activities at schools and universities. Please note that they do not support film production.
The maximum support provided by Movies that Matter is € 5.000,- per project.
- Film screenings must contribute to discussion about human rights in the country/region in question.
- The project takes place in one of the countries as defined on the DAC List HERE and/ or countries where press freedom is at stake in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Middle East or Eastern Europe. (With reference to the DAC List, Movies that Matter will give priority to projects in “Least Developed Countries”, “Other Low Income Countries” and “Lower Middle Income Countries”.)
- Applications are submitted and executed by a local organisation. A filmmaker distributing his/her own film(s) can also be supported, provided that the project is executed in close cooperation with a local organisation.
- Projects are organised and executed by, or in close cooperation with, human rights organisations.
- The project should not take place within two months after the deadline.
- The film(s) that will be screened should be independently produced (Movies that Matter does not accept applications for screenings of NGO outreach / education films).
- Total project costs should not exceed € 100.000,-. Movies that Matter gives priority to projects with a total budget of less than € 50.000,-.
For more about selection criteria, see HERE.
The next deadline for applications is 15 September 2013. To apply, you should:
- Read the selection criteria and general regulations below to see if your project meets the basic criteria.
- Fill out the application form HERE and
- Fill out the online personal data form HERE
A sample budget is available HERE.
If you have any questions concerning the application, please contact Matthea de Jong or Eric van de Giessen at 0031-(0)20-7733627 or [email protected].
Further details are available on the official website HERE.