Deadline: 20 December 2013
Open to: European and non-European students with a BA degree in Motion Picture or Media Studies; other degrees are accepted for applicants with a convincing portfolio
Scholarship: Category A: covers travel, installation and participation costs plus monthly allowance of EUR 1000, Category B: covers maximum of EUR 8000 contribution to the participation costs plus monthly allowance of EUR 500
The ”DOC NOMADS” is a two-year documentary film directing Erasmus Mundus Master Course, implemented by three European universities:
- Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias/Lisbon/Portugal,
- Színház- és Filmművészeti Egyetem/University of Theatre and Film Arts/Budapest/Hungary,
- LUCA, College Sint Lukas Brussels/Belgium
DOC NOMADS aims at developing students’ basic skills in techniques, fieldwork and writing, as well as their creative filmmaking and managing skills in an international production environment within the framework of a truly integrated training that marry traditional European art education and modern studies based on the film, media and new media industry’s requirements.
The basic underlying idea is that the students are immersed into different cultures and social environments which make them more sensitive to different documentary practices, ways of communication enhancing their capabilities to work outside their own cultural contexts; therefore mobility from Lisbon to Brussels via Budapest is compulsory for all students.
The call for Application for the 2014-2016 edition opens on 15 September 2013.
DOC NOMADS is open to European and non-European students with a BA degree in Motion Picture or Media Studies; other degrees are accepted for applicants with a convincing portfolio. In order to guarantee a high-quality individual training, small group tuition is offered (maximum 24 students).
The Academic Board of the DOC NOMADS Erasmus Mundus Masters Course is seeking applicants who are:
- socially minded, empathetic, responsible, and have civic awareness;
- who are inquisitive, creative, and curious to explore reality;
- who are original and both value and seek artistic independence and a personal voice;
- who are open-minded, self-reflective, flexible, and innovative;
- cooperative, receptive, and good team members;
- tolerant and open to criticism;
- with good skills of cinematic approach and good visual skills.
The TUITION FEE of the semester is EUR 4 000.
The tuition fee of the whole course – including full medical cover – is EUR 16 000.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship winners from EU countries will be exempt from paying the remaining EUR 2000/semester of the tuition fee.
No fees will be charged for application to DOC NOMADS EMMC.
Category “A” scholarships: Candidates who fulfil the third country students criteria (students from countries OTHER than a Member State of the European Union, an EEA-EFTA State: Iceland, Norway, and Lichtenstein; who are not residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months as from the 28th of February 2007 in one of these countries) are eligible for a category “A” Erasmus Mundus scholarship, awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
- Contribution to travel, installation and any other type of costs: EUR 8000 / two years
- Maximum contribution to the EMMC participation costs: EUR 16000 / two years
- Monthly allowance: EUR 1000 /month for 24 months
- Maximum contribution to the EMMC participation costs: EUR 8000 / two years
- Monthly allowance: EUR 500 /month for 24 months
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship winners from EU countries will be exempt from paying the additional EUR 2000/semester of the tuition fee.
How to apply?
The application process is completely online; only electronic documents are accepted, and there is no need to post any application documents. The following documents are required for application to the second edition of the course (2013-2015):
- Completed, sent application e-form (including CV and motivation letter with a maximum length of 1000 characters each)
- Authorised, stamped or certified copies of your previous Bachelor degree(s) translated to English (OR in the case of ongoing studies: an official school certificate in English stating that the applicant’s Bachelor Degree is due in the summer of 2013) check details
- Certified copies of an English language certificate check English requirements
- A link to the applicant’s “MY WORLD” FILM – should be a new film made by the applicant, no more than 3 minutes check details
- A link to a previous film or part of a previous film by the applicant with English subtitles and list of credits.
- One good quality digital photo.
- Copy of passport or ID with expiration date.
Deadline for scholarships: 20 December 2013