Deadline: applications are accepted all year long
Open to: feminist and women’s rights organisations and initiatives led by and for women, girls and trans people
Grant: ranges from Euro 5,000 to 50,000
Mama Cash supports ambitious feminist and women’s rights organisations and initiatives led by and for women, girls and trans people. But it is a fund with limited resources. In 2012, they received almost 1,300 funding requests of which they could only approve 66 in the portfolios of Body, Money and Voice. The Mama Cash selection criteria and priorities, which are listed below, lead the decision-making process.
Mama Cash supports organisations and initiatives that:
- Have the promotion of women’s, girls’ and/or trans people’s human rights as their primary mission, and not just as the focus of one of their programmes
- Work from a feminist and/or women’s rights perspective
- Are self-led by the women, girls and/or trans people they serve
- Work on issues directly related to one or more of Mama Cash’s portfolios: Body, Money, and Voice
- Push for structural and fundamental change
- Want to grow in influence, power, and/or scale in order to implement their long-term strategy for achieving the structural change they wish to make happen
- Have politics and practices that are inclusive and foster alliances with women, girls and/or trans people at the margins of societies and movements
- Are connected to other organisations in women’s rights and/or other social justice movement
- Submit a Letter of Interest (LOI). Mama Cash does not accept unsolicited full proposals. LOIs are accepted and reviewed year round.
- The foundation will review your LOI and get back to you, usually within four weeks.
- If they decide not to go forward with your request, they will let you know why.
- If they want to move forward, they will contact you to discuss your request.
- If they decide to move forward after our discussions, you will be invited to submit a full proposal.
- After you submit your full proposal, final decisions take approximately four weeks. The entire application process from start to finish takes approximately four months.
Please click here to get the Letter of Interest template and see where to send it depending on where your organization is based. Applications are accepted all year long.
For more information, visit the official page.