Deadline: 1 October 2013
Open to: candidates with a minimum one year of fundraising experience
Salary: job financed by the EU Leonardo Programme
ACTION for a World Community for Food Reserves is a Brussels-based NGO focused on issues of international food security and food price volatility. The ACTION is proposing a new approach to the international management of large, strategic reserves of grain around innovative international arrangements. It is a holistic and groundbreaking approach to development, as their aim is to have a revolutionary impact on international cooperation in tackling global issues – specifically, food crisis resulting from sudden high increases of food prices.
You can find out more about the ACTION and the proposal HERE.
In order to strengthen its efforts and further advance its project, the ACTION is looking for a motivated Project Officer/Fundraiser to kick-start the fundraising efforts of the organization.
This will be a full-time job to be financed by the EU Leonardo Programme. ACTION will assist the selected candidate in getting this funding and support. While there will be no initial payment provided by ACTION, the organization is prepared to offer a percentage of obtained funds and, depending on results and future available funding, the opportunity for a permanent position as Fundraising Manager in the future.
- Plan and conduct full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals;
- Identify potential new funders in line with ACTION’s strategic needs and in consultation with the Management Team;
- Conduct donor research, monitor relevant trends and evaluate funding potential across different networks;
- Maintain and share a comprehensive overview of current funders and funding opportunities;
- Monitor and report on the outcomes of all funding proposals, including funder’s feedback;
- Maintain relevant electronic and paper records including grant tracking and reporting
- Assist with other fundraising-related projects as requested – including, but not limited to, the production of trimestral newsletter
- Minimum 1 year of fundraising experience
- Understand and identify with ACTION’s proposed project and identify funders who provide a good strategic match to the organization’s aims and values;
- Ability to present ACTION activities and work programme in creative and attractive ways;
- Familiarity with different funding procedures;
- Proven success in meeting or exceeding targets;
- Good comprehension of campaigning;
- Knowledge of current funding trends for International Development and Think-Tank work;
- Budgetary and financial planning skills;
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communications skills;
- Proven organisational skills in setting up and managing processes;
- Networking, communication and negotiation skills;
- Self motivating, able to work in a small team and independently;
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize workloads;
- Innovative and creative, with ability to develop and implement new ideas;
- Excellent written and spoken English and French, other European languages an asset;
- Identification with the values, vision and mission of ACTION.
To apply please send CV and cover letter (max 1page) to [email protected] Only selected candidates will be contacted. Deadline is 1 October 2013.
Please, read the official call.