Deadline: 15 October 2013
Open to: candidates educated to degree level or equivalent with experience and knowledge in raising funds in the UK
Remuneration: £28,588 per year
CARE International is a leading development and humanitarian charity supporting the poorest communities in 84 countries around the world. Their aim is to bring sustainable and innovative solutions to complex poverty issues and last year they supported 997 poverty-fighting projects that reached more than 83 million people. Their mission is to create lasting change in poor communities and we put money where it is needed most.
CARE International UK (CIUK) is looking for a motivated and results-oriented individual to join their Programme Funding Unit and support the development of their five year organisational fundraising strategy as a Programme Funding Executive. The position is remunerated at £28,588 per year and will be located in Vauxhall, London.
The main responsibilities include:
1) Fundraising and Resource Mobilisation:
- Raise an agreed annual income target from Institutional funders, European funding streams and Trusts and Foundations.
- Develop and maintain donor cultivation strategies for funders in order to ensure effective prioritisation to meet short-term and longer-term goals of the donor in a proactive way, involving different departments across CIUK.
- Ensure effective bid management for all proposal development, ensuring teams at CIUK and at the Country Office level are integral to this process. This is done in a proactive, timely fashion and to a high standard.
- Raise funds for CIUK core programming work through grants and contracts.
2) Donor research
- Research prospective and existing donors to identify potential and inform the best approach.
- Seek, initiate and act on opportunities to engage, involve and develop donor relationships, including opportunities to meet key UK and Country office staff where appropriate.
- Support the team by researching and producing up to date sets of credential documents that will allow CIUK to successfully compete for DfID contract tenders.
- Support other team members in their production of strong bids to the EC and DFID, as appropriate
- Work with team to secure match funding for funding opportunities.
- Tailor communication to the needs and wishes of the donor to strengthen the relationship and maximise their support.
3) Portfolio Administration
- Proactively update the funding tracker and share drive with key donor information, as appropriate.
- Ensure all relationship management data across the team is recorded in the Raisers Edge Database and that paper records are maintained and up to date.
- Complete contracts secured forecasts, individual work plan, donor cultivation strategies, and other internal marketing/programmes updates.
- Support Senior Programme Funding Executive in preparation of more complex bids, as needed.
For further details, see the full job description HERE.
Candidates should be educated to degree level or equivalent, and have experience and knowledge in raising funds in the UK. Further details are available in the full job description HERE. Candidates should also:
- be able to demonstrate your ability and experience in securing grants from institutional donors, such as the Department of International Development (DfID), the European Union (EU), and Trusts and Foundations.
- have the ability to manage relationships, engage, influence and persuade individuals and organisations in both writing and verbally, and develop successful, profitable and long term relationships.
- have excellent organisation skills and ability to work to strict deadlines. You will also be a proactive team player with outstanding communication skills to work effectively with the marketing and programme departments within CIUK and country office’s worldwide to produce effective and compelling proposals.
To apply, please complete the application form AVAILABLE HERE and return to [email protected] quoting reference C576 in the subject line before TUESDAY 15 OCTOBER 2013. They would also be very grateful if you could complete their Diversity Monitoring form HERE. Interviews will be conducted the week commencing with the 21 October 2013.
Further details are available on the official website HERE.