Deadline: 20 October 2013
Open to: high-tech startups or growth companys active in ICT in Albania; Bosnia & Herzegovina; Bulgaria; Croatia; Greece; Italy; Kosovo; Montenegro; Macedonia; Romania; Serbia; Slovenia; and Turkey
Prize: Opportunity to pitch your technology and business ideas to a panel of investors, to be invited to the European Venture Summit in Dusseldorf, Germany
The Balkan Venture Forum is a leading regional investment and innovation forum. It showcases innovative companies to active investors and promotes innovation, entrepreneurship, investment readiness and access to finance in the Balkans.
The pitching competition will help entrepreneurs from the Balkans to:
- Acquire investments
- Connect to the investor community
- Build capacity and competencies
This invitation is for all entrepreneurs, innovative start-ups, innovators, fast growing companies, individual inventors, researchers and all other interested companies to participate in the competition and investor readiness programs. If you have an interesting project, regardless of whether you are just beginning or would like to expand, you are invited to register your profile and qualify for the competition.
Most financing opportunities will be in fields of ICT, life science (bio-medicine, bio-tech, health, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices), as well as renewable energies, energy efficiency and green concepts. You are strongly encouraged to personally interpret the meaning of these areas and to apply in any case.
- Business potential – The potential market of customers for the presented product is attractive and the business model is strong
- Team experience – Company team has skills and experience to grow the business and is able/willing to work with industry & research
- Product / Technology merit -Technology or product solutions developed are state-of-the-art and well advanced compared to the competitors
- Competitive position – The intellectual property of the company and its competences and strategic relations are outstanding
- Investment or partnering interest – The demand/offer to invest in or partner with the company is well defined and potentially attractive for partners
- Project profile quality – Information available from company profile sheet is complete, clear, balanced and convincing
Your company has to fit the following requirements:
- A high-tech startup or growth company active in ICT (hardware, software, mobile apps, gaming, online retail, payment)
- Located in one of these countries: Albania; Bosnia & Herzegovina; Bulgaria; Croatia; Greece; Italy; Kosovo; Montenegro; Macedonia; Romania; Serbia; Slovenia; and Turkey
- Looking for investment and partnership opportunities in the next 18-24 months
- Opportunity to pitch your technology and business ideas to a panel of investors
- Take part of the Venture Academy which will be held the afternoon before the actual event, November 13
- Take part of the One2one meetings between entrepreneurs and investors
- Exhibition space, networking meetings and dinners and a great party
- The best companies will be invited to the European Venture Summit, among the best 100 startups which will take place in Dusseldorf, Germany, in December
Register yourself as a candidate to present your company at the Balkan Venture Forum and create your profile HERE. Deliver the following materials up-to-date and complete before the deadline of 20 October 2013:
- Online Company Profile (2 page)
- Presentation (PPT)
Registration as a Presenting Startup is free of cost but upon selection only. It includes the following:
- Access for 1 participant.
- Pitching to an Investor Jury.
- Networking with key industry players & other startups.
- Up to 4 pre-arranged One2One meetings
- Visibility through website & Company Profile onsite.
- Potential Participation to the European Venture Summit (if graded top 25%).
Visit the official website HERE.