Deadline: 30 October 2013
Open to: artists or cultural presenters with specialized training in the relevant field, from Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the former Yugoslavia
Grant: up to 5,000 EUR
The mission of the European Association for Jewish Culture is to enhance Jewish life by fostering and supporting artistic creativity and achievement, assisting scholarly research, and encouraging access to Jewish culture across Europe.
These grants are designed to provide part-funding:
- for the composition, linked to a performance and/or recording of new works by contemporary composers inspired by the Jewish experience and traditions.
- for the writing of new plays, original adaptations for the stage of other literary works, or new works of choreography dealing with the Jewish experience.
- for new exhibitions of contemporary art, which address the Jewish experience by awarding grants to professional artists to produce new work for exhibition in a recognized cultural venue or freelance curators for researching and organizing an exhibition of contemporary art, which addresses the Jewish experience.
Eligible to apply are individuals or small groups of artists.
You can apply if
- You are an artist or cultural presenter with specialized training in the relevant field; have at least 2 years’ practice and a record of achievement in the relevant field.
- You are a citizen or long-term resident (minimum 5 years’ residence) in one of the European countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the former Yugoslavia.
Grants up to 5,000 Euros will be awarded to successful candidates in two installments: the first will be made to the individual artist, writer, choreographer or composer; the second to the orchestra, theatre company, on the opening of the exhibition.
Applications completed in English or French must be received at the European Association office before 30 October 2013. To apply, please submit the completed application form and a set of documents listed in the application form to the following e-mail address: [email protected] Please send all documents in digital format.
For further details, please visit the official website HERE.