Deadline: 5 April 2014
Open to: Candidates with an academic degree of higher education in Political Science and other related fields, or enrollment in the final year of an undergraduate degree not older than 32 years from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Afghanistan, or other OSCE participating states
Scholarship: Monthly stipend of EUR 180 per month, round trip travel expenses within Central Asia, housing allowance of EUR 95, health insurance
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek invites applications for the Master of Arts in Politics and Security Programme 2014-2015. The Master of Arts in Politics and Security Programme is a one and a half year program that offers an interdisciplinary curriculum in areas of politics, comprehensive security and international relations based on international standards of teaching. The programme is designed for young people who wish to broaden their education and gain the knowledge and skills necessary for professional or academic careers in areas of politics, security, international relations, conflict prevention, international development etc.
Students have the opportunity to meet and to be taught by leading academics, experts, and representatives of international organizations. Because the programme meets international educational standards, it attracts many of the most talented and qualified graduate students throughout Central Asia.
The programme is accredited by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kyrgyzstan, and supported by the OSCE Centre in Bishkek, interested OSCE participating and partner States, and other parties. The international partner institutions, the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council of the OSCE Academy provide assistance in elaborating curricular details, conducting classes, organizing internships, and carrying out other activities.
The coursework starts on 1 September 2014 and finishes on 30 September 2015.
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek covers:
- Round trip travel expenses within Central Asia
- Monthly stipend of EUR 180 per month
- Housing allowance of EUR 95 for non-residents of Bishkek
- Health insurance (Citizens of Kyrgyzstan are not eligible for insurance)
- Child allowance of EUR 15 per child and single parent support (Medical insurance, transportation and visa costs are NOT provided for spouses and children)
Applicants must meet the following admission criteria:
- Successful completion of an academic degree of higher education (BA, MA, MSc, Diploma) in Political Science and other related fields, or enrollment in the final year of an undergraduate degree
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Applicants should be not be older than 32 on 1 September 2014
- Citizenship of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Afghanistan
- Applicants from other OSCE participating states can be accepted for the programme, but on a limited basis only.
Interested candidates should submit completed application form AVAILABLE HERE, copies of diplomas and transcripts and two letters of recommendation to [email protected] or the OSCE Academy in Bishkek, 1 A Botanicheskiy per., Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan by 5 APRIL, 2014.
Best qualified candidates only will be contacted for written tests and interviews.
For further information, please also contact the “OSCE Academy in Bishkek” by phone: +996 (312) 54-12-00 or email: [email protected].
The official website is AVAILABLE HERE with further details.