Deadline: 4 November 2013
Open to: youth workers, trainers, Project managers, young people, volunteers and activists from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine and South-East Europe
Venue: 1-10 December 2013 in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
South East European Youth Network (SEEYN) is a network organisation involving 19 member NGOs from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia. It is an attempt of overcoming differences among societies that have recent tradition of conflicts through bringing young people from the entire South Eastern Europe region to work together. The vision of SEEYN is to achieve a stable region with developed mutual understanding without prejudices among young people through their mobility, co-operation, and active role in society. SEEYN aims to promote pro-social values, peace and understanding through grassroots volunteer exchanges, advocacy actions and capacity building in organizations.
SEEYN organizes the Training Course “Youth in Peace-Building and Reconciliation” that will take part in Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina) from 1st to 10th December 2013. During this training, participants will:
- Learn about the Concepts of Peace – peace building, peace keeping, reconciliation;
- Discuss about the Culture of war and culture of peace;
- Gain knowledge and awareness of Hate Speech, conflict and intercultural understanding – concepts, practices and tools;
- Get the chance experience the exchange of community and share your personal experience of conflict;
- Find out about Divided communities across Europe – what they are and how many we actually have?
- Expand their knowledge about Peace building in divided communities and get the real example by visiting divided communities in Bosnia and Herzegovina (Mostar and Sarajevo);
- Learn how to link and implement educational/culture and art/environmental/volunteering projects with broader aim of peace building;
- Get the introduction to Project management;
- Use the Open space for ideas and preparation of actions, initiatives or projects of participants organizations;
- Chance for Networking and follow up of the TC;
- Get support for Self reflection on learning process and evaluation.
This Training Course is for 33 participants from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine and South-East Europe.
It is recommended for Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Project managers, Youth Policy Makers, EVS mentors/tutors, Young people; Volunteers; Activists.
The accommodation, food and working material costs are fully covered. Travel costs are covered 70% of total amount of costs per participant. Visa costs for countries that need it are covered 100%. There is no fee for this training course. Please, keep all your receipts, tickets, boarding passes in order to be able to reimburse your costs.
Submit your questions to Marinela at [email protected] or by phone at +387 62 408 680.