Deadline: 15 November 2013
Open to: participants from Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Authority of the West Bank and Gaza Strip, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, and EU Member States
Venue: 7-11 April 2014, Barcelona, Spain
The Euromediterranean Meeting aims to facilitate the encounter between young people from different communities within the Euro-Mediterranean region that share similar challenges and have common interests on youth work development.
The objectives of the meeting are to:
- Promote the young entrepreneurs attitude as a social transformation tool.
- Facilitate network projects between the Euro-Mediterranean countries.
- Encourage the creativity, innovation, critic vision and participation within the Euro-Mediterranean region.
- Empower the youth debate and lobby actions for the youth life conditions improvement within the Euro-Mediterranean area.
This year the Euro-Mediterranean Meeting will offer an innovative good practices exchange where the participants will have the possibility to share the opportunities and difficulties they face while implementing their projects. The Meeting will provide participants with workshops on creativity and networking together with the visit of several social entrepreneurship projects held in Catalonia.
The Euro-Mediterranean Youth Meeting: Social entrepreneurship Good Practices Exchange is organized by the Catalan Youth Department, Autonomous Government of Catalonia and will be held at the city of Barcelona on 7-11 April 2014 .
The minimum requirements for the applicants are:
- Young people between 20 and 35 years old
- High level of English knowledge, Medium level of French (for communicating).
- Being a leader or an active participant at the submitted project.
The Catalan Government will accept only the projects working at least for three years (provide evidence). As an evaluation criteria, they will consider the most innovative and creative projects where it is possible to identify a concrete impact on the transformation of any social need or problem.
The call is open to youth workers, trainers, youth leaders, project managers, youth policy makers, young social entrepereneurs coming form Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Authority of the West Bank and Gaza Strip, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, and EU Member States.
The Catalan Agency for Youth will cover 100 percent of travel costs, accommodation and full board costs during the meeting.
Apply online HERE by 15 November 2013. The notification of the accepted applications will be done by email during December 2013.