Deadline: 8 December 2013
Open to: international young people under 30 years of age
Awards: three prizes of €500
The 10th edition of the International Poetry and Theatre Competition “Castello di Duino” has launched. The competition, which is organized by the association “Poesia e solidarietà” (Poetry and solidarity) addresses young people, is established as an yearly event and was created within the network of the project “Poetry and Solidarity Language of the People.” It has grown over the years to the point that it has become, according to the UNESCO Italian National Committee (under whose patronage it’s organized), the most important International Poetry Competition among those which address young poets. So far, it has involved thousands of young people from 90 countries all around the world. The participation to the event is free. The topic for the 2014 edition is “I / You”.
The competition is open to worldwide young people under 30 years of age.
- First, Second and Third Prize: €500. In accordance with the aim of the competition to combine solidarity and poetry, the winners will choose a humanitarian cause to which they will devote a part of the prize (€200)
- Medal of the President of Italian Republic for a poem with a particular social-humanitarian value
- “Sergio Penco” Plate for the best poem “under 16”
- Cups or other minor prizes for other noteworthy poems
Works must arrive before 8 December 2013.
Participants have to send only one unpublished, never prized poem (maximum 50 lines). Poems will be accepted in the mother tongue of the authors. A translation into English, Spanish, French or Italian is required. An international Jury will evaluate the poems as far as possible also in the mother tongue of participants.
Poems should be sent:
- by e-mail to [email protected] Please, send the complete Application Form in the message and the poem attached to the message in Format word or rft. Application form can be found at the bottom of the official website (link attached below).
- by regular mail to Prof. Gabriella Valera Gruber, Via Matteotti 21, 34138, Trieste (Italy). As far as the deadline is concerned, we will take into consideration the postmark, but no poem will be taken into consideration, which arrives after the jury has started its evaluation process (soon after the deadline)
For further information, please visit the official website HERE.