Deadline: 30 November 2013
Open to: any individual regardless of their country of residence
Award: trip to Nanjing (China), mobile phone/tablet, set of medals
The Youth Olympic Games are an elite sporting event for young people from all over the world. An event distinct from other youth sports events, they also integrate a unique Culture and Education Programme (CEP), based around five main themes: Olympism, Social Responsibility, Skills Development, Expression and Well-being and Healthy Lifestyles.
These games aim to bring together talented young athletes aged from 15 to 18 from around the world (205 National Olympic Committees participated in Singapore 2010 and 69 in Innsbruck 2012). The Summer Youth Olympic Games feature over 3,500 athletes and are held over a 12-day period, while the Winter Youth Olympic Games feature over 1,100 athletes and last 10 days.
Non-athlete participants, namely the Young Reporters, Ambassadors and Athlete Role Models, are also an integral part of the Youth Olympic Games experience.
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) is organising a contest to select the design for the obverse (front side) of the medal for the Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games, which will be held in China from 16 to 28 August 2014.
Participation in this Contest is open to any individual regardless of their country of residence, to the exclusion of IOC and Nanjing Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee (NYOGOC) personnel, as well as all people who are directly or indirectly involved in the conception, carrying out or management of the contest, particularly employees of third-party service providers, their affiliates and the company that will make the medals. By taking part in the contest, the candidate who has not reached the age of majority under the applicable national laws and regulations of his/her country confirms that his/her parent/guardian has consented to his/her taking part in the contest and abiding by the rules of this contest. Only one application per candidate will be allowed. Entrants must have Internet access and an e-mail address.
The Winner will receive the following prizes:
- A visit for two people from 15 to 19 August 2014 to the Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games, including: Round-trip flights for two people in economy class to Nanjing, with arrival scheduled for 15 August 2014; accommodation at one of the official hotels of the Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games for four nights, including breakfast; access to the opening ceremony to be held on 16 August 2014; access to all the sports events.
- A souvenir set of medals for the Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games made especially for the Winner.
- Online promotion around the winning medal in relation to the Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games.
- A tablet or mobile phone.
The runners-up will receive a tablet or mobile phone.
The design submission phase will run until midnight CET on 30 November 2013. To apply, please follow this 3-step entry procedure:
- Download the ZIP file by clicking HERE containing the template in the following formats: JPG, PDF, EPS and TIFF. The file also contains the competition rules.
- Choose the format you prefer, let your creativity flow and show what you think the medal of the Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games should look like.
- Upload your design in the template, respecting the template size of 340×340 pixels and a maximum resolution of 300 dpi, in JPG or PNG format. Add your personal information and an optional brief description. Click submit when you have completed all sections to enter the competition.