Deadline: 19 December 2013
Open to: applicants with a Master’s degree in Mathematics for Economics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics
Scholarship: three-year grant for about €13,600 gross per year plus tuition fees
The Università Cattolica di Milano and the Università di Milano – Bicocca offer a joint Ph.D. Program in Economics. This program draws on the experience not only of the “Graduate Program in Public Economics,” but also of the Ph.D. in Economics (DEP) and of the Ph.D. in Financial markets and institutions (MEIF).
The program is taught in English and it offers rigorous advanced training. The Faculty of the School includes teaching staff from the two founding institutions and from several top international universities. The School has established exchange programs with international institutions and academic departments.
The length of the PhD Program is three years, starting in February 2014. The first year is devoted mainly to advanced course work in mathematics for economics, microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics and a considerable number of frontier state-of-the-art research topics. Full time research is pursued over the following two (or exceptionally three) years, during which each student must write his/her thesis. Students are encouraged and financially supported to carry out part of their studies at leading foreign universities in order to allow them to exchange and compare ideas on a broader scale.
Applications will be accepted from applicants of all ages and nationalities who hold:
- an Italian degree (Diploma di laurea quadriennale, laurea specialistica, laurea magistrale) or a an Italian degree obtained according to the regulations existent before the implementation of the Ministerial Decree of 3 November, 1999, n. 509 and its subsequent amendments and supplements;
- a foreign academic qualification already recognized as equivalent by academic authorities, or recognised in accordance with inter-university agreements of co-operation and mobility;
- a foreign academic qualification that has not yet been recognized equivalent to an Italian degree, provided the candidate includes the documents necessary to reach a decision regarding equivalence, for purposes of admission to the PhD programme only.
Applications may also be submitted by candidates of all nationalities who have not yet graduated but who expect to receive their degree by 31 January 2014. In this case, the admission to the program is conditional on the candidate submitting a valid certification of the obtained degree. Should this not occur, her/his application will be automatically discarded.
The Graduate School awards twelve scholarships. Each scholarship is for about €13,600 gross per year plus School tuition fees. The study grant can be increased by 50 percent per month (for a maximum of eighteen months) for time spent by the student at one of the partner institutions abroad.
Applications can be sent till 19 December 2013. Please be aware that applicants are required to pay a €100 fee.
The following documents must be included when submitting the application to the PhD Program:
- a CV;
- complete online application form available HERE;
- for graduates, a certificate of an acceptable Italian or foreign degree, plus a transcript including the final overall grade granted as well as the complete list of courses attended and grades received;
- if qualification is pending, a certificate of enrollment to one of the acceptable Italian degree programs or to a foreign academic program, plus a transcript including courses attended and grades received;
- certification of further qualifications, such as a Master degree and any other post-graduate course, with transcripts of courses attended and grades received;
- two confidential letters of recommendation, to be sent directly by the recommenders to the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
- any publication the candidate wishes to submit to the selection committee;
- a research statement (max. 15.000 characters) in which the candidate outlines her/his professional goals and research interests, and provides any other useful information.
All the documents must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please visit the official website HERE.