Deadline: 31 December 2013
Open to: small business or small, non-governmental organization operating at least for five years in Asia Pacific, Eastern Europe or Central Asia
Grant: support to integrate technical support to Global Fund grantees
Grant Management Solutions provides short-term technical support to help country coordinating mechanisms (CCMs), principal recipients (PRs) and subrecipients (SRs) unblock bottlenecks to implementation, and resolve systemic problems impeding effective governance and grant performance. This aim is itself intended to yield better quality and more effective programs designed to prevent and treat HIV/AIDS, malaria,and tuberculosis.
Management Sciences for Health, Inc. (MSH) is currently soliciting expressions of interest from qualified organizations to deliver management-related technical support to beneficiaries and stakeholders of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
These organizations should be based in one of the following regions: Asia Pacific, Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA), and demonstrate capabilities and experience in one or more of four technical areas: Governance & Oversight, Program & Financial Management, Procurement & Supply Management, and Monitoring & Evaluation.
Successful firms will demonstrate their potential to implement, manage, and provide technical oversight of complex scopes of work at national or regional level or both, including production of technical documents and delivery of effective capacity-strengthening interventions that meet stringent standards of quality.
GMS will support successful firms to integrate technical support to Global Fund grantees in their respective regions into their strategic business plan, and to build capacity to target, evaluate and respond to a range of business opportunities in this field.
To qualify, an organization must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a small business or small, non-governmental organization, institution or consulting group.
- Must have been in operation for at least 5 years and be able to demonstrate relevant activity during that period.
- May not be affiliated with any multilateral organization or existing GMS technical support partner.
- Must have been founded and still be headquartered in its respective region.
- Core business (defined as 50 percent or more of total revenues in the last year) must be other than provision of management-related technical support to Global Fund grantees.
- May not be a principal recipient or sub-recipient of an active Global Fund grant.
In addition, organizations must be able to provide a substantial roster of experts with at least 10 years of experience in technical areas relevant to the Terms of Reference AVAILABLE HERE, and at least five years of experience working at national and regional levels. The majority of the consultants in the roster should not have already been trained by or done work for GMS. Consultants must have appropriate language skills. Local and regional organizations that can provide consultants fluent in one or more of the following languages are strongly encouraged to apply: Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
Expressions of interest must be submitted by e-mail on or before December 31, 2013, 12:00 noon EST to [email protected] Applications must be submitted in English and should include the following sections:
- Complete EOI cover sheet AVAILABLE HERE
- Capability statement (2 pages maximum) describing the organization’s ability and experience in one or more of the subject technical areas (governance & oversight, leadership, large grant management including finance, compliance, human resource management, project management, procurement & supply management, and monitoring & evaluation).
- Description of Global Fund experience with a list of countries and grants for which Global Fund work has been performed
- Regional experience and language capacity
- Proposed top five senior staff and consultants who will work on GMS assignments (attach resumes of proposed key staff and consultants, using the GMS resume template AVAILABLE HERE)
You may submit comments and questions to the organizers at [email protected]
Visit the official website HERE for further details.