Deadline: 31 December 2013
Open to: European and non-European students holding Bachelor degree
Scholarship: 24,000 Eur/48,000 Eur per year
GEMMA is the first Erasmus Mundus Master´s Degree in Women’s and Gender Studies in Europe. GEMMA is unique in the way it brings together approaches to feminism from all cardinal points in Europe. Created as a result of the concerted efforts of several universities working together within the ATHENA network, the GEMMA Consortium represents the harmonization of seven different institutions from six European countries: University of Granada (coordinator), University of Bologna, Central European University (Budapest), University of Hull, University of Lodz, University of Oviedo and University of Utrecht. GEMMA is thus the fine tuning of North European, South European and Central European higher education institutions where Women’s and Gender studies is one of the main elements in their postgraduate offer.
GEMMA is a joint interdisciplinary programme that provides high quality academic education and professional competencies for personnel working or intending to work in the areas of Women’s Studies, Gender Studies and Equal Opportunities across Europe and beyond. It collects the best offer from the humanities, social sciences and health sciences, making it attractive to students worldwide and offering a wide span of options and combinations.
Courses are taught by the most distinguished and highly recognized professors in the fields of research at each one of the departments involved. Summer schools and language courses are on offer for both students and scholars. GEMMA offers added value through its very strong geographically balanced consortium, which makes it possible for students to choose their international mobility route amongst eight participating universities. It also gives students a unique possibility to obtain a double diploma, acknowledged by all GEMMA Consortium members. The official languages used in the partner universities are Spanish, English and Italian.
GEMMA Erasmus Mundus Master´s Degree in Women’s and Gender Studies is open to students from European and non-European countries who hold a Bachelor’s degree.
Category A scholarships can be awarded to students who come from non-European countries, provided they are not currently residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the European countries.
The total amount of the scholarship is 48,000 EUR, divided into the following three units:
- Contribution to travel / installation costs – 4,000 EUR per academic year, transferred to the student´s bank account at the beginning of each year;
- Contribution to participation costs, such as tuition fees, health insurance and other – 8,000 EUR per academic year, automatically retained by the coordinating institution;
- Living allowance – 1,000 EUR a month during the 24 months of duration of the programme, transferred to the student´s bank account.
Category B scholarships can be awarded to students who come from European countries and to other students who do not fulfill the criteria for Category A defined above. What this means is that a student who comes from a non-European country, but has resided in a European country for a total of 12 months over the last five years, is eligible for the Category B scholarship.
The total amount of the scholarship is 20,000 EUR, divided into the following units:
- Contribution to participation costs, such as tuition fees, health insurance and other – 4,000 EUR per academic year, automatically retained by the coordinating institution;
- Living allowance – 500 EUR a month during the 24 months of duration of the programme, transferred to the student´s bank account.
The call for applications for participation in the 8th edition of GEMMA with the ERASMUS MUNDUS scholarship will be open until 31 December 2013, 17 hours Granada local time.
The application form HERE should be filled out and submitted online. All other required documents (originals or official and certified copies) should be scanned and attached to it according to the instructions. The required documents in the indicated order are:
- Current resume or CV
- Bachelor´s Degree (Diploma)
- Official academic records (transcript)
- Average grade certificate
- Language certificate for chosen Home University
- Language certificate for chosen Mobility University
- Copy of passport
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letters (*An automated email will be sent to the two professionals you indicate as authors of your recommendation letters, with a link enabling them to attach the letters to your application.)
- Other documents (courses, seminars etc., not compulsory but recommended)
Please submit your questions to email@example.com.
Visit the official website HERE for further details.